Tuesday, September 14, 2010

9/14 - Supportive

Bible study was great this morning. I'm so glad I went - lots of new faces and just a great message about patience and being a supportive mother/wife. Sometimes messages just speak to you -and this one confirmed a lot of feelings I've been having lately with Rich. It's no secret that I've been frustrated with his work. I've bickered with him so much about it the last year. At times, I wish I was working so he didn't have to. Richard has always been so supportive of me, my education, career and wants. I'm not sure he feels the same about me.
I know the God gave me this time off of work to re-focus on my life, my priorities: my family, faith and myself. One of the things God is teaching me is my role. My role is to be supportive of my husband and my family. He has needed me so much this last year with everything he has been through with family issues and even his employment. My girls have needed me now more than ever too. I stay busy every day, even though I don't have a "job". It's amazing to think of how I used to juggle everything I do know plus my work. God's grace must have been the only way I made it through. Great message at bible study, great reconnecting and fellowship.

I was reading someone's blog the other day. She was so eloquent in speaking from her heart and sharing her testimony and God's word through her blog and her weight loss journey. Really it's a gift. I pray that when I speak about my journey and my weigh loss that people really see the glory in it to God. I know that sometimes, I'm quick to talk about myself, what I'm doing, what I'm going through but really I know I'm only successful because God has given me the strength. I really only want to glorify him, not me. More like Christ, slow to slow to speak, slow to anger, quick to listen. Something I know I need to work on. Giving him even more of me.

I'm so glad I went to bible study, even though I re-arranged my training schedule. I missed my morning weigh in too. I'm pretty sure I maintained but I noticed my shoulders are looking a lot smaller. I ate heavier in preparation for the triathlon this Sunday. A family emergency has come up and my mom had to go out of town (that's all I'm allowed to say online). Meaning, she might not make it back in time to go to Tahoe with me and watch my girls and I may not be able to participate. I'm not angry with her. I would have gone too but I can't say I'm not disappointed, even if that means I am a little selfish. I pray the situation is taken care of quickly and everything works out. I've worked really hard training for the triathlon and have already put out a lot of money. But like I said, if I was in her shoes, I would have made the same choice. At this point, I'm trying to stay positive that everything will work out and I will get to compete on Sunday. :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh I hope so too!! We are praying. I am feeling the same.. but because we don't have the funds I need! I will be praying God will provide. & I really pray your mom can go! Rich was not planning on going??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's opening day for hunting season, the one thing my husband looks forward to every year. We've known that our schedules clash and had decided long ago that he will do his hunting thing and I will do my Tri, even though it's my birthday weekend. I am being supportive of his wants too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's nice of you ;) I am sure he appreciates that!

    ReplyDelete