Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Weighing In...

My word for today:

per·se·ver·ance
–noun
1. steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., esp. in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.

I weighed in at 211 lbs. Getting out of the 200's is going to be a lot than I thought! The positive thing, is the scale is moving in the right direction again! That is a 2lbs loss! I'm hoping to build on it and just keep pushing through. I still have 11 lbs to lose in order to meet my personal weight loss goal before the end of the month. I think it may be possible, depending on whether or not my body cooperates. Even though the scale concerns me and says I haven't made that much progress lately, I know I have. I know I feel trimmer and most importantly I've been meeting new fitness goals. I know God willing with preserverance I can continue focusing on my goals.

Amelia and I got up early today. I did body pump and cycle. It's a great combo and while, it still kicks my butt, I don't feel the exhaustion I used to feel. Whenever I am at the gym and I notice new people or very overweight people working out, I try my best to smile and pass on positive encouragement. I know, it is always encouraging to me when someone notices my hard work. Today, there was a new overweight person in body pump. She was right next to me, so I helped her out in class and after class I talked to her a bit. I told her about my weight loss and how difficult the gym was for me when I first started. But I decided just to keep on coming, stay motivated and you will get the results you want to see. The smallest things kept me motivated when I first started and I just want to make sure I pass whatever positivity around that I can. I challenge you to do the same. :)

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the loss and that is nice of you to talk to her! I have seen a few bigger ladies than me in TKB and I want to talk to them but I don't. ;-0 So maybe I will. :)

    ReplyDelete