Friday, March 19, 2010

Courage

I've decided to take the day off of exercise. Yep, I feel the need to blog about it. Fridays, I normally do Zumba plus a bit of weights. Not the most strenuous workout but just sort of wrapping the week up. I think I should rest today because tomorrow is my 5K and I don't want to over work anything today. Instead, I am going to prepare for my goal tomorrow: finish a 5K.

I was reading an article the other day and found the following passage, "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." All goals start with a small idea and work forward from there. My goal started October 5th, when I decided I was going to exercise, or die trying. I know I will finish my race tomorrow: running or walking and be completely satisfied that I had the courage to start.

I'm sure I will hear all of you cheering my on, whether you are physically there or not. You have been such a great support system for me. I appreciate and thank you all so much. Today I plan on re-charging my i-pod loading up some new songs and getting some rest for myself. I am so excited about tomorrow and about my future.

3 comments:

  1. When I ran my first, well, and only, 5K, it was really liberating, and emotion. Expect to be totally emotionally overwhelmed at the finish line, It's an amazing experience.

    Good Luck! And I celebrate you! I celebrate your accomplishments and the journey you still have to complete, tommorrow is your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherri. I'm surprised I didn't cry at the finish line. I was overwhelmed with emotion while running at times, but when the finish line came, I was just completely satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is smart that you took a day off before your race. :)

    ReplyDelete