Friday, March 5, 2010

Weekly Wrap Up

Monday - weights + cardio kickboxing
Tuesday - Body Pump + Cycle
Wednesday - weights + treadmill
Thursday - Body Pump + cycle
Friday - Weights + Zumba


I probably spent 10 hours or so in the gym this week. This week, I cut my night classes down to 1. Adrianna, my favorite Zumba instructor noticed I was not there last night and called me on it today. I felt bad that I didn't go but I really feel like I might be getting better results from some of my other classes. Zumba is great cardio and it's fun but I rarely get breathless in class anymore and often only need to get 1 sip of water the entire hour. I know I'm buring calories but I want the most results for my time spent at the gym. I'm also tired of rushing homework time, dinner, bath and bed time during our family evening time. I have to admit I feel a little guilty that I can go to the gym all day but don't because my favorite classes are at night. Next week, I have bible study Tuesday so I know I will miss body pump and cycle then, so I will be doing them Thursday morning. I still enjoyed Zumba this morning, it's more like a treat than a workout now. I am torn about cutting it out of my schedule entirely.

I know Zumba is has a lot to do with my success. I enjoyed it so much, I got hooked on going and made it part of my regular routine. As I've become more inshape I've been able to push myself more and branch out. Cycle has really helped shape my legs. I've always had thick gladiator legs and they really are slimming, firming and sculpting. I love it but I know I would have never had the endurance or confidence to cycle if it wasn't for Zumba. Adrianna is leaving this summer and when she goes, I feel that will be a good time to permanently part ways with Thursday night Zumba.

Softball season is approaching. We start practice next week. I'm coaching Mariyn's team - coach pitch and I know that will take up a fair share of our time too. I'm a little nervous because it's a responsibility I will have - sort of a test to make sure that I can still find gym time even though I have other commitments. I know softball will take up Saturday mornings and one evening a week - not too pressing but I'm still a little nervous. I'm treating it as a test not to fall back into my old habits.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome about softball. This will be a great way for you to get into the "Maintenance" phase.. even though you still have more to lose. But it will be a good way to get use to how life happens. I feel sometimes that all I have time to do is work out and fix low cal meals. That is my problem.. when anything out of my schedule happens I crumble. You aren't like that though so you will be fine. :) Good job on all the working out this week! wow.

    ReplyDelete