Monday, March 8, 2010

Pick Me Up

This weekend I indulged quiet a bit. I needed to go grocery shopping, we were all out of fresh foods but didn't want to go. So we ended up eating out. I tried to practice portion control but I also suggested we have frozen yogurt after dinner (3 days in a row). I'm sure the scale will reflect the indulgence this week. I know it was really self defeating and will make meeting the 200lb mark a lot harder if I don't consistently lose each week.

I've been kinda down on myself and about my weight. I'm really proud of my progress but really upset about myself for letting myself go as far as I did. I know it's sort of irrational because I am doing so well, I look better and feel healthier but I am still obese, I've lost -45lbs but I am within a few pounds of my post pregnancy weight with Amelia and Mariyn for that matter. I guess it's because I think of that each time I think about my weight and I know I am almost half way to my goal. Also, the drill sergeant, I mean body pump instructor on Thursday really got to me. She has been the only negative instructor I've come across. She just seemed so critical. Maybe I just have to get used to her style, maybe her class will really help me improve since I'm out of my comfort zone.

I had a really busy day today. I got up early, went to Costco for food. I'm tired of eating junk. I got some delicious berries and other fresh food. I was craving a salad. Luckily, it's Monday night, salad night. I left the house this morning with out eating. I know smart, right. So I ended up eating an energy bar. I finished at Costco just in time to pick up Mariyn from school. I was starving and had a massive headache from hunger and was just really sluggish. I ended up opening a jar of almonds to snack on in the car. I finally got to eat around 2:30. My headache lingered for a while - so I decided to have an XS energy drink during my workout. Otherwise, I just might not have made it through my routine. I got in about 45 mins of weights + Cardio Kickboxing with Ticka. She is so positive and uplifting. I drank my XS just before her class. Headache gone, full of energy, I was a kicking cardio kickboxing butt! I really did end up with a great work out, some postivity and encouragement - it was exactly what I needed.

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the great work out! Don't beat your self up.. you are so much more consistent than me. You are doing great, almost halfway and almost at the 200 mark. Me too. I am almost there and just want to blow it out of the water! lol I will be in Morgan Hill next week. Wanna have a sleep over at Vicki's one night? lol I will stay with my Mom cause Davey is not coming, but I will stay one or two nights at his parents. :) We can finally work out together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe, depending on the dates. We start softball practice tomorrow. We have a clinic this Sat. and opening day is the 27th. In between that I have my 5K, which if you're going to be in the area.... you can always join me!

    ReplyDelete