Tuesday, March 9, 2010

self-defeating

Today was my monthly mom's bible study - so I missed this morning's body pump and spin. Basically, I'm planning on flip flopping my Tuesday / Thursday routine this week. Zumba was good tonight... I didn't realize how much I'd missed Ana's class. She is fun, just not my favorite. Her music is great though.

I truly over indulged this weekend and it was totally self defeating in the weight loss department. The trainer scale read 213, the same as I was last week (on my home scale). I do think it's possible that I may have still had a small loss this week: I'm a bit constipated and I didn't weigh myself at the same time of day as I have been. But I know my loss isn't grand and I'm ok if I didn't lose because I know I indulged and didn't focus on my diet. Chaz, a personal trainer, told me tonight - you're body doesn't know it's the weekend - it doesn't take the time off. So true, he also said he struggles with the same thing, which was nice to hear. I have until the end of the month to lose this 13 lbs and get under 200lbs. I really need to stay focused. My 5K is coming up soon and softball starts tomorrow. I need to start running a bit more so I can make my fitness goal. I really want to be able to run the whole 5k most of all, I want to complete it.

3 comments:

  1. You are doing great and the time of day + going to the bathroom really effects your weight by a couple pounds! So you did lose. This morning I weighed 212. I have 12 more pounds until I reach 200... but I really want to be under 200.. so let's really do this together!! You are doing so awesome.. way better than me. I just watched last weeks biggest loser and they said stress is a REAL cause for weight gain/ or not seeing a lose. I always stress about my weight when i indulge and then it bites me in the butt for stressing. Viscous cycle... lol. I am excited for your 5k! I wish I could do it with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's possible that I did have a loss, but it's also possible that I didn't. I'm not beating myself up over it. I know I could have done better - that's all.

    Stress is horrible for weight. Luckily, I haven't been to stressed this year but I swear that is why I gained so much after Amelia 2009 was probably the most stressful year of my life and probably the year of most weight gain.

    You're welcome to do the 5K with me. It's March 20th - $25 benefits Oakdale Schools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love too but I know I am not ready for 3 miles!

    ReplyDelete