Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Accomplished

I made it to the Weds morning body pump. It starts a little later and I feel the instructor doesn't challenge you as hard as Tuesdays but she is very friendly. I didn't get any weight training done yesterday, so I wanted to get as much as possible today. Clare and I met for cardio and tonight I plan on going to the gym with Rich.

I realize this week that my 5K is coming up quickly! In only 10 days, to be exact! If I am going to make it, I really need to step up the running. My last good running day was 2 weeks ago. Last week, I ran but not as good as the week before. I decided I was going to push myself harder today but I knew 16 mins of running would be hard for me to beat. We ran on the treadmills on the floor, not in the cinema. These treadmills have a lot more options. I set my treadmill, started running at a comfortable pace and started chatting with Clare. At about 7 minutes I was amazed that I could still hold a conversation. The next time looked at the timer it read nearly 13 mins. I was still talking away with Clare. Finally I passed up 20 minutes. Talking was getting a bit more difficult. I decided I was going to run for the entire 30 minutes but I was happy with my body and the accomplishment I already made. 25 minutes came and went, I really pushed myself to continue. I was nearly breathless. Finally, 28 minutes I decided I was going to pick up the pace then I sprinted for the last 30 seconds. All together I ran for 30 minutes! WOW! I feel so accomplished - coming from a girl who could barely run 2 minutes 2 months ago, who feared the treadmill, who decided on October 5th that I was going to do cardio full knowing that there was a chance I would die in the cardio cinema. I truly feel great! I ended up running over 2.3 miles and with my cool down, completed about 2.5miles! Today is a great day! I'm so optimistic about my future and the 5K. Most importantly, I'm so excited about how far I've come with my fitness goals!

1 comment: