Tuesday, March 16, 2010

plateau

I think that's where I'm at. No weight loss to report this week. 23 weeks into my journey with 2 weeks of no significant weight loss, I'm pretty sure I hit a plateau. I ate really well last week, I worked out hard. It must be time to change it up a bit. I'm not really sure what I should change. I don't think I can possibly make healthier eating choices and I know I can't exercise more. So I guess I'm left with exercising differently.
As soon as I finished Body Pump and Spin this morning, I went and registered for the 5K fun run this weekend. It's officially - I've paid for it - no backing out. I think my family is going to come out and cheer me on! I'm going to focus more on running and I think I might have been doing too much weight training the last couple of weeks.
My body type tends to bulk up rather easily and I'm naturally very strong and muscular. Which could account for the lack of weight loss but it's hard to say. I was starting to think I've been doing too much cardio, but perhaps that is not the case. I was talking to one of the trainers and he thinks I may be doing too much weight training. There are two early morning spin classes, 5:30 am, I think I might try to get in my schedule. I'm so not a morning person though. I just love the results I get from spin, my legs are getting firmer and more shapely. I know that whatever the reason is for my lack of weightloss is, I really need to just get over it and stay focused on my fitness goals. It's just a bump in the road.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for not getting discouraged! That's inspiring. I'm cheering you on in spirit for your 5k!!

    ReplyDelete