Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Torture Tuesday

Daycare hours are changing at the gym. They're closing from 1-3, which probably doesn't affect many people but me and Clare. Since she gets off of work at 12, we usually workout between noon and two. I've heard a few other parents complain and I know it's not the daycare staff's decision. I wrote a note and put it in the suggestion box. The schools let out on May 27th and I really think it will affect more people then. Until then, Clare and I are going to modify our workouts and see what works best for us.

Last night, Kelly substituted for cardio kick. I've been wanting to try her class but it conflicts with the rest of my schedule and I love Tick's so much already. Kelly just had a fun look about her so when others were disappointed we had a sub, I was actually a little excited. I did miss Ticka though. Kelly's class was great. I was really challenged. Not that she is harder than Ticka but it was equally as challenging and DIFFERENT! Man my butt was blasted. My thighs were toned and my core was tightened! I can still feel it today. So glad I went! It's nice to mix things up every once in a while makes you feel like you're still working.

Today I thought I was going to go back to the regular grind, body pump and cycle. I'm starting to think of it as Torture Tuesday. My most challenging workout plus weighing in. It's really not that bad. I feel so good when I'm done. I finished body pump lifting a bit more than the last couple weeks. I felt stronger and my endurance a little bit higher. Notice I said I thought I was going back to the regular grind. Once I completed body pump, I went to get a cycle ticket and they were all out. DARN! Not a huge deal, I have a love hate relationship with cycle I love the results but the class is so challenging. Ok, maybe it really is a a love relationship because I love to be challenged!

I figured I could use some time running anyways. I registered Mariyn and I for our runs yesterday. I really want to finish this 5K running - that is my goal. Beat my previous time and build my endurance. Since I couldn't get into cycle, I ran for 15 minutes on the treadmill, then I cycled for 15 minutes. I got about a mile and a half of running and 3.5 miles cycling. The cycle I used was a video game type where we cycled with a pacer. It was my first time using this machine but I figure since I'm used to class that I could do an intermediate level. WOW! It was so much more challenging than I thought. When I got off, my legs were tired! Today was a great workout.

I feel bloated today but decided to weigh myself anyways. It is part of my Tuesday torture after all. I'm back down those 2 lbs. I'm getting back on track with eating, slowly but I'm doing it. I'm so close to the One hundreds I can feel it. Stay focused, I'll be there soon!

4 comments:

  1. Good job!! What are the course distances for the Triathlon you want to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping to be able to do the Iron girl Lake Tahoe Triathlon - 800 Meter Swim - 24K Bike - 5K Run. It's Sept 19th, the day after my 29th birthday. I have a while to train, but I need a lot of equipment (bike, helmet, and wetsuit) plus the expense of staying in Tahoe for the weekend and registration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.irongirl.com/Events/Lake_Tahoe_South_Shore.htm

    ReplyDelete