Monday, May 17, 2010

I've Got a Feeling

I've got a feelin' Woo hooo... I've got a feelin' ... that tonight's gonna be a good nite...

Tomorrow will make 2 weeks since I've weighed myself. I am SO excited to go to the gym in the morning and step on that scale. I really hope that I see a big change -- I've stayed on track for 2 weeks now with diet and exercise. Plus, I haven't cheated and watched the scale I've just been focusing on my fitness goals.

Speaking of, my body was SO SO sore after the 5K. I had a hard time getting out of bed yesterday, it was THAT sore! My legs were swollen yesterday, and my feet. Today my left knee is still sore and a little inflamed. I had a hard time giving cardio kickboxing 100% tonight but I made it through! I'm hoping my knee is better tomorrow.

This morning I had a job interview! Yes, me an interview! I desperately needed new shoes so I went to Kohl's found a super cute pair for like $16. Even my feet were swollen from the run so I had a hard time fitting into shoes. I am hoping that when the swelling goes down, my shoes will still fit. :-/ If not one of my sisters will love them. I also could use some new slacks or a skirt as mine are really pretty big and I would just feel more confident if my clothes FIT me properly. I'm not into wasting money right now , funds are VERY tight, so I was a little afraid to venture into the women's section. Right away I spotted a cute black A-line skirt about knee length on the clearance rack with one of those thick belts. I said to myself, I'll take a look but I seriously DOUBT it's my size and out of my price range. What are the chances really? Last time I shopped for clothing at Kohl's for myself I left crying because EVERYTHING was too small. It's been a while since that day, but I just couldn't imagine being able to fit into anything in a regular department store. So
I picked up the skirt, noticing it was a size 12 and only $13 and some change. Not bad price. But the burning question was, will it fit? I didn't bother looking around much, it was getting late the skirt was EXACTLY what I would want in an interview. So I quickly went to the dressing room. Tried on the skirt and it FIT and it FIT WELL! I decided that I would splurg and buy both the shoes and the skirt for my interview today. Just my luck, it rained this morning and wasn't skirt weather. I had to wear my "too big" old slacks but I grabbed the belt of the skirt and wore it with my new pumps. Darn weather- had to go and ruin my outfit ;-)

I've got a good feeling about the interview and job opportunity and I've prayed putting it in God's hands to make this decision for me. If it is the right opportunity, to please present it. If it's not the right opportunity, I'd rather the job not be offered to me. I want HIM to make the decision for me. Does prayer really work that way? If the position isn't offered to me, I won't be too disappointed I really feel God working in my life and want HIS will.

Tonight I'm going to be full of hope for a good weigh in tomorrow and a new opportunity. I'm excited for the future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment