Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Random Running

Clare and I had a running date at the gym. Since they changed the childcare hours, I've noticed our workouts are also getting shorter. Well, they really just have to. We ran today, or I should say Clare did. I attempted but my knee kept getting sore. So I walked a bit. I should take some ibuprofen, I don't want it to be sore on Saturday.

I'm really looking forward to Saturday's run. Mariyn is ready to do her mile and I'm really proud of how active she is in general, she wants to participate in EVERYTHING: softball, soccer, dance, you name it, my kid wants to do it! But probably like a lot of 7 year olds, she says she wants to do things and then whines about it later. I was hesitant in signing her up for the run, it's $20 and I didn't want it to be something she whines about come race day. I made her prove to me that she would run and could run the full mile and she has. I can't wait to see her run on Saturday. As for myself, I don't have any jitters that I had at my last 5K. I'm confident that I can finish, I've been training at the gym and am pleased with my progress overall. Hopefully, I can attain my goal, run the entire 5K. The course is a straight out and back, fairly flat too so I think I will be better able to pace myself. I'll be able to see the whole 3.1 miles. I probably won't run much more this week until Saturday. Especially because of my knees bothering me a bit.

On anther note, I've been elected to be a board member for our local softball league. I'm excited, I absolutely love softball and I have a lot of ideas. I have a big responsibility, registrar but I know I can handle it. Plus, I love being an involved parent. I love being able to be physically active in softball, coaching my girls and helping others learn to love the game like I do. Softball has been a major part of my life in shaping me to who I am. It coaching last season when I really realized I had a big weight problem. Don't get me wrong, I've known I was over weight for a while but a year ago I seen first hand how it was impacting my life and my physical capabilities. This year, I don't feel limited by my size. Yeah sure I'm still overweight BUT I'm willing to beat I have more endurance than most of my parents! I've come so far since October, and from where I was last year. I can't wait to see where I am next year. I'm excited to spread my love of the sport and fitness to the kids.

1 comment: