Friday, May 28, 2010

great day

We had a great day. I babysat my niece and nephew today. I admit, I was super sleepy this morning so I didn't get up and run. My niece and nephew got here at 7 am and Rich had several calls in the middle of the night, didn't make for the best sleep. So, I'm going to begin my morning mile on Monday.

We went to the gym this morning around 9:30, I worked out for about an hour. Ran about 2 miles on the treadmill then did weights. I'm feeling pretty burnt out with my gym routine. I enjoy going to the gym, I see the benefits and feel them too but I'm getting a little bored and my body feels tired day after day like I need some time off. I don't want to delay my weight loss anymore though.

After the gym the kids had lunch. Then I took them on a bike ride to the park. We went to a different park today, still around the corner but not our usual because I didn't want the kids to have to ride down the hill. I pulled Amelia and Victoria in the bike trailer. They loved it; while Ryan and Mariyn rode their bikes. Ryan is just learning to ride, so it took us a long time to get to the park. After we came back, the kids took their nap and then I let them ride their bikes out front until my sister picked up her kids.

Mariyn wanted to go on a bigger bike ride, so she, Amelia and I took off again. Mariyn rode down the hill today and didn't fall. She felt so accomplished. As we rode past the neighborhood park, she seen a few of her friends there so we stopped and played. A few of their parents commented on how much weight I've lost. It's a great feeling to be able to be active with the kids. Riding our bikes back up the hill was a challenge, especially with the trailer. Mariyn still can't make it and I was breathless at the top. So glad I can do it though and I'm thankful that I can utilize this small but steep hill to train with. Tomorrow, I plan on riding to my sister's house, about 10 miles away in a different city. I figure I can rest there and ride home. If not, someone can give me a ride. It's a far ride but close enough that I think it will be a good first distance ride. After that, I will build on what I can do.

The night is ending now and Amelia seems to have a stomach virus. Rich was sick on Monday. I really hope she is feeling better tomorrow. Poor girl, I hate to see her sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment