Thursday, May 27, 2010

Being Active

Since I've started getting in shape, I've really enjoyed life so much more. I love being active. Don't get me wrong, I really do not love working out but I love the way working out makes me feel. The tougher the workout, the more likely I'm going to love it. It's a hate me now, love me later sort of thing!

Now that I can be active because I am physically fit, still over weight but capable of you know umm. . . - running, I keep finding different activities I would have never dreamt of doing before that I want to do now. It's hard to decided what to do because there are SO many possibilities and SO many things that sound fun. Of course, the problem is time and money! Errr...

I just found this other great triathlon event, See Jane Run Triathlon. It's a lot closer to home than Tahoe. About an hour away, maybe hour and a half in traffic. Elevation wouldn't be an issue. It's the week after the Tahoe Tri though. I really want to do the Tahoe tri, it's my birthday weekend and it's the inaugural event and it just seems really cool. The See Jane Triathlon is going on my to do list. Right now, it's a back up plan if I can't afford Tahoe.

I've also found two duathlon that sound fun and interesting and the bonus, one is local!
The first event is in August in Cresent City. It kid friendly and host both a triathlon and duathlon for adults. I think I would choose the duathlon because I want my first tri to be the Tahoe one and I think it would be good preparation. The other duathlon event in in November in Knights Ferry. It would be an ideal event to stay in shape, more than 1 year after I decided to change my life last October 5th.

So much fun and exciting possibilities. I think I need a calendar just to keep track of all the events I want to do. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment