Wednesday, May 19, 2010

5K update

My official 5K time is in..... 34 minutes 32 seconds, not bad but not great it's an 11 minute mile. I placed 8th in my age division out of 14 runners and 130 out of 173 runners...Not too shabby for 200 lbs gal who has always loathed running!

I had my sister's kids again today but we didn't make it to the gym this morning. :/ Unfortunately, my sister forgot to leave the car seats so we were stuck at home. I took the kids to the park for about an hour and they had a blast. You could see the excitement and joy on their faces. We also walked to pick up Mariyn from school. I justified missing my mid-morning run with Clare though because I made it to the gym tonight. Clare has been trying to get me to go to Cardio Kickboxing at another Gold's gym on Weds nights. Now that softball is over, I was able to make it out. I pushed myself extra hard to get a good workout. It was my first time going to this other location and I felt a little out of place. I really do love our instructors though, they are great! My legs are tired and achy... not sure if I'm going to do weights tomorrow or running with Clare. Guess we'll worry about that tomorrow ;-)

1 comment: