Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Next Adventures

I went ahead and registered for my next adventure. The Nike Women's Fitness Festival. I'm excited. I know this is going to have a big race feel. Plus the details of the event look great! My only dilemma is it's on a weekend Rich is on call. It's early in the morning and nearly an hour and half away. I'm probably not going to have any family there supporting me, which is fine, I guess and I'm going to have to secure a sitter. I'm thinking this is my "trial" type of 5K. Obviously, I know I can do a 5K now, where do I go from here? Should I try a longer distance like a 10 k? Am I capable of that? Should I start other type of events? Training for my triathlon?

My goal is to be able to do 1 event per month. Triathlon is in Sept so really, I need a July and August event. So I got on active.com and started looking. I've looked up swimming events but really none of them spoke to me. I'm still on hunt for a good swimming event. . Now that I've got a bike, I can look up biking events. I Not even a possibility before. I found a great looking fun event in Cambria, 4 hours away from home a coastal family friendly event. I WANT to do it! The California coast is breathtaking! It's put on by the YMCA in the area and looks promising enough to be a little competitive to feel the race like experience but family friendly enough that I won't feel out of place. Oh you want a link of the event... of course! Here it is :)

Father's day is coming up and Rich loves to camp but we don't have a tent big enough for the family. We have most of the other camping supplies so Mariyn and I have decided to get daddy a tent for father's day. He is working father's day weekend so we won't be able to camp then but Rich and I have talked about going camping on the central california coast before. So I think this is going to be the perfect opportunity to register for the event and camp with the family! I haven't registered for the event yet, I need to wait I get another check but I did book reservations to camp there that weekend! Shhh! Don't tell Rich. It's going to be a surprise. I think I will be getting the tent soon, and print out an itinerary of reservations for this summer's camping trips. I want to pick places Rich would like to go too... I always prefer the coast but his preferences are sometimes different. I'm excited!

2 comments:

  1. Seems very exciting!! You can do it! You should do a 10k!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think about a 10K. I want to do one, but I want to do so many things... it's a tough choice. I know I would need to put in more time running to do a 10L. Which would take away from my tri training time that I really need :/

    ReplyDelete