Thursday, May 6, 2010

Training Day

This morning, I got up and went to cycle. It was a good class, I pushed myself hard. When I heard the change of music come on for the cool down, I said, "That's it?" I wasn't "done". Funny how not too long ago, I was barely able to make it through a class and some days, I still feel that way. Immediately after class, I took a potty break then hit the treadmill running for 20 minutes. I started out thinking, I would just do 10 minutes as a good start for my triathlon training. After about 5 minutes I was done. Then someone came on to the treadmill next to me and needed help. We started chatting and the next thing I knew I had been running for nearly 15 minutes. At that point, I decided I would do 20 minutes and be done. Clare and I had a date to do weights at noon. It was already almost 11 and I didn't want to be too worn out. Amelia and I came left the gym, went to the store bought stuff for PB&J and 2 big bunches of bananas. She and I ate a whole bunch of bananas ourselves today. :X I guess, we could have chosen worse ;-) We had a quick lunch and then back to the gym for weights with Clare. By the time I was done, I was almost too tired to leave. After Amelia and I got Mariyn from school, we came home and napped the lounged outside by the pool. Soaking up the sun was great and relaxing. The water is still too cold for me but Mariyn swam. It was a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the spin and treadmill! You might want to jump in the pool to get use to the cold water.. Tahoe will be cold. So lucky you have a pool!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pool is definately a blessing. I've been debating about swimming but I'm just not ready yet and really I don't think getting in cold water now is going to help me get used it it any better come Sept. ;-) We've had a lot of rain this year and very few warm days, lots of cool breezes that just don't feel good in cold water. I'm waiting a few more weeks...

    ReplyDelete