Thursday, May 27, 2010

Running Goals

Yesterday, I ran at the gym with Clare and worked on abs. Unless I'm having a bad knee day (old injury), I can easily run for the entire 30 mintues! Amazing for me, I know. I want to increase my running speed and distance. My plan to do this is seems easy. Mariyn's last day of school is today so now that I don't have to worry and rush to get the girls ready every morning, I am going to still get up in the morning and run 1 mile while Richard is home and getting ready for work. I can work on my speed at this time, plus getting active first thing (before breakfast) will help burn fat. The longest I can spend running is 10 minutes (which should be plenty of time to do a mile) because Richard is often on call and can have to leave at any time. Wednesdays are my running days with Clare currently we run for 30 mintues. We have an about an hour we can workout together because of the time daycare closes, so I am going to gradually increase our running time and gain endurance. Since I can run for 30 minutes already, next week I am going to shoot for 35 minutes. This fall, I am going to look for a longer running event, 10K or half marathon. I see a cute slogan today that said, "If you can run a mile, you can run a marathon." I'm not so sure but I think I would like to try - someday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment