Friday, February 26, 2010

Finally Friday

Let me start off by saying, I was extremely tired this morning from my extreme workout. I barely made it to Zumba on time. I was up, I just didn't want to function and it took everything I had to get out the door. I also did some weight lifting with Clare. I focused more on my upper body, my lower body has had a tough week already. I realized that I did both cardio and weights all 5 days this week. Also, since it's week 6 in my competition, I had myself re-measured and did a quick weigh in. I was 4lbs heavier than Tuesday. I'm a little concerned but I know my weight fluctuates a lot during any given day, which is one reason I've been consistent with my weigh ins. Plus, I know when I cheat and weigh myself early - I'm always disappointed. I did have progress in my measurements and the trainer seemed really pleased by the numbers. I told him my goal is to be under 200 by the end of the competition. Totally possible, if I stay on track.

I keep hearing and reading about your caloric deficiencies as it relates to weight loss. I've cut my diet back so much. I honestly, can't see anything else to cut out. I no longer have dairy milk, just soy. I drink just water all day, a diet squirt on occasion. My breakfast is a protein shake and a banana. I eat a salad just about everyday for lunch. Dinner is fairly normal but smaller portions and low carbs over all. I might have a few small but healthy snacks every day. I'm starting to wonder if I am creating too big of a calorie deficit and my body is holding on to the calories? I know there are many times I wait too long to eat and end up getting a major headache or sluggish feeling. It happened again tonight actually. Who knows? I'm probably only thinking this because I weighed more today but it is an idea that is running around in my head...

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the weigh in.. im sure on Tuesday you will be down. My Dad is a body builder, and he always figured out my bmr...basal metabolic rate. you can find it online..mine is about 1800 calories. If you eat less than your bmr.. you will lose weight. Plus you burn 500 plus calories while working out. Don't cut your calories too much. They always say that on the Biggest Loser.. lol! You are doing great. =) When is the end of the contest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked mine when I started the competition. I usually consume 1600-1800 calories a day. Plus exercising daily. When I figured it I could eat 2500 calories for maintaining my weight, at least 1700. I stopped writing in my food journal, but I think I'm going to restart on Monday. I have 6 more weeks into the competition. :) We are officially half way! I thought my end date was March 31st but the trainer said I had until April 11.

    ReplyDelete