Thursday, February 25, 2010

Extreme Workout

To say that today was a bit extreme is an understatement. Clare and I met at noon for our workout date. We did weights and cardio for about 1.5-2 hours. I focused on my legs and got a fair amount of the machines in today. For cardio, I did the elliptical not because I was avoiding the treadmill but because Thursdays are zumba days. I really enjoy Thursday night zumba and would feel like I missed out on something if I didn't make it to class. So I decided the elliptical would be a better choice for today.

Tonight, I not only went back for Zumba but also for Richard. Zumba was from 5:30-6:30 and Rich met me there at 6:30 for a gym date. We did 20 minutes on the elliptical and 40 more minutes of weights. I focused on abs and arms, since I did legs this morning. See why I said today was an extreme workout? Add all that time up, and I spent about 3.5 - 4 hours working out today. Even the manager noticed I was "coming back for more" as he put it. Just trying to be supportive of the hubby though. It's important for both of us to be healthy and I can't really rely on him for my workout time yet. I've decided if I am going to be supportive of him, I'm just going to have to suck it up and choose to do an extra workout. I can really feel it in my arms tonight, I pushed them a bit harder than normal.

I was so tired after the gym that I gave in and suggested we eat out. Knowing it was going to be after 7:30 when we left the gym, the kids have school and it would just be easier. I did good though, I got a Mexican Shrimp Caesar Salad and added grilled chicken for extra protein and fulfillment.

On the daycare front, one of the staff members hasn't spoken to me since I complained about the policy. It feels like she is intentionally avoiding me. And when I say, she hasn't spoken to me, this has changed from someone who would talk my ear off for 15-20 minutes every time I came in and now to not even acknowledging my presence by saying hello, or have a good workout. Yesterday was the only time she spoke to me in the last two weeks. I directly asked her if Amelia ate all her food. Of course, she had to respond. She responded she ate everything you gave her. At first, it was kind of awkward now the silence has gone more into the uncomfortable level. If she is so bothered by me now that she won't speak to me, how is she treating my daughter when I'm not around? Does she acknowledge her? Is she interacting with her? Things that make you go hmmm.... Not really sure what I should do about this situation. At first, I thought it would just work it'self out but the longer the silent treatment continues, the worse it gets. Tonight, I spoke to a manager about my concerns. I really hope this doesn't make the situation worse but somethings got to give and every time I've tried to speak to her, I feel like she is intentionally avoiding me.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like she is being a butt munch. LOL! As long as there are other people in there with Amelia, she is most likely being OK with her... and I would just ignore her weirdness. If it is ever just her though, I might be cautious about that. Good job on all the working out! Wow!! I just can't keep up with you! :)

    ReplyDelete