Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Goals - Revisited

As you may recall, last week I made a few short term goals:

Hit the -40lbs mark this week
Be 211 or less by 2/22
Better planning for household chores

When you make goals, it's important to revisit and revise if necessary. I only lost 1lbs this week, and that was after I weighed myself 3 times today. I have to admit while I ate ok last week, I could have eaten a lot better. There were a few specific incidents where I gave into eating unhealthy foods. I had 3 mini cup cakes and gorged on Chinese food on Friday, 1 piece of cake Saturday, and over all I wasn't as careful as I could have been.

So I have to report that I did not meet my weight loss goal this week. I still have a few more pounds to loose before the -40lbs park. I'm not mad at myself, I'm still working on it and I did loose this week. I had a lot of emotional hurdles last week with the childcare incident and it just wasn't an ideal week in terms of scheduling either.

Obviously, if I didn't hit my goal this week, I will have a hard time meeting the 211 lbs mark next week. I don't think it's possible - or healthy to loose that much in one week. My goal instead is to get the biggest amount of progress I can THIS week.

I wasn't as strict about my household responsibilities last week either. This is because of a few reasons. One, let's face it. I hate cleaning and will use anything as an excuse to avoid it when I can. Two, I was very distraught over my gym issue and couldn't get passed it to focusing on cleaning. Three, my family was supposed to visit last week canceled, so I knew it would be ok if I didn't really finish it. I'm going to re-concentrate on getting things done this week.

I got several compliments from other gym goers and the instructor, Ticka, today. It's a good feeling - totally motivating when others notice you're results and hard work. Today was body pump and cycle, I wasn't feeling good this morning, I wanted to give up at times but I pushed myself and finished both classes. I feel so proud of myself when I complete my workouts despite the hurdles (illness in this case) that I maybe facing.

1 comment:

  1. We are so much alike in some ways. I am the same way about house cleaning. I don't like it. When no one is coming over, and when Davey was working in El Centro, I did only what I had to do... then clean the whole house Friday before he got home. lol Now he is home and has been off work and I just want to be lazy and cuddle all day.. which does not include doing house work. So I feel ya on that. And about your goals, it is ok! Don't feel bad, you are doing great. This week will be a big loss for you on the scale since last week was a one. You are doing great just staying faithful to it. =)

    ReplyDelete