Friday, February 5, 2010

Fun Friday

Friday morning Zumba is always a treat. I swear I love the class so much that I don't even think of it as working out, even though I am dripping with sweat. Then Clare and I met to hit up the weights. Thinking about it, I've done some type of weight training all 5 days this week. I'm ready to give my body a break and relax this weekend.



I ran out of soy milk and I wanted to make sure I have some for tomorrow. During my calorie counting expedition, I've noticed that some items differ in calories from brand to brand and since I'm new to soy milk, I wanted to sample a few different varieties. I know a lot of people who drink Almond Milk as well. So, I ended up studying all types of "alternative" milk in the store today and decided to try 4. I came home and taste tested them all. Each one had it's own flavor. The Vanilla Almond milk was surprisingly sweet but I think I prefer the Soy Vanilla all seemed good though. I am ok with giving up cows milk for myself. It's a lot of calories and I swear my stomach just feels a bit flatter this week and less gassy. I'm experimenting for myself but so far, it seems like a welcome and easy switch. Do you drink any sort of milk alternatives? If so, what's your favorite?

3 comments:

  1. I prefer Soy Vanilla or Low fat milk. But I will take the soy over the milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never thought about switching.. I am considering protein powder and soy milk...what are the benefits of soy milk?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drink protein for breakfast every day. It's a definite must for working out. Some people also drink it after a work out.

    Soy milk has less calories, less fat, no cholesterol. No lactose - so it's easier on the digestive system. A lot of people think we consume too much cow milk. Just as breast milk is to human babies cow milk is to calf's. You know Cows have multiple stomach's to aid in digestion... it just kinda makes sense. The downfall, price. I can see taste effecting some too but it's something I *think* you can get used to.

    ReplyDelete