Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Date Night

After taking a long hiatus, Rich made it back to the gym with me tonight. I'm really trying to be supportive of him and I think it's cute that he wants to go to the gym with me BUT I already have my "routine" going. Weds I always workout on floor with weights and do my cardio. I'm not really consistent about what machines I do but I do get a lot done. Is it bad that I feel he slows me down a bit? I wanted to do at least 30 mins of cardio - we only got 20 in, he started complaining after about 10. So I said, we would do 20 and be done, even though I wanted to do 30. He is so much better at being supportive than I am.

The treadmill and I had a date tonight. I really need to work on getting more running time in if I am gong to be able to do the 5k next month. I am progressing though - I was able to run for 8 minutes straight, about 3/4 of a mile! Huge progress considering it was on the treadmill AND the projector in the cardio cinema was broken. I swear I watched the clock the whole time.

I did good with my diet today. I didn't count my exact calories but I'm guessing it was some where around 1600. We went out to dinner last night for Rich's birthday - had fajitas! Yum and chips and salsa and Chocolate Cake (the mile high kind with caramel). I knew I was probably going to go over so I ate extra careful all day until dinner. This morning everyone wanted a piece of cake for breakfast, I didn't have any and I'm fine with that. There is still half the cake left. I'm really needing to get ride of it and get the temptation out of my house. Rich had a piece just before we went to the gym and I have to admit, I ate some of his frosting :X Just one bite though - nothing too damaging I hope. Ahhh... can you tell I'm a sucker for cake, especially chocolate cake. Perhaps, I should have got him something I wouldn't like ... carrot cake anyone? LOL

3 comments:

  1. I just typed out a long comment and it says it didn't post. I will try and repost it later....if I can even remember what I said lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like to have a partner when I work out or run. Because, I have an inner dialogue, a mental process that I go through. I like to be on my own pace, with my music in my ear.
    I just like being very independent when it comes to that. So I understand what you are saying.
    It seems every time I break down and let someone go with me, it never goes as I plan.
    The kids always ask me if they go on runs with me, and I hate to admit, I always discourage it. Their pace is slower then mine and they always seem to be done long before I am. lol.

    I can't get in that "Zone" that I need to be in when I take someone with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean Sherri. I do enjoy my workouts with Clare. Probably because she motivates and challenges me. I like pushing myself and being focused. The gym has been a much needed outlet for me.

    ReplyDelete