Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Celebrating and Weigh In

We had a date night last night to celebrate our anniversary. I got dressed up and found a shirt that I bought last year. I swear it fit me when I bought it but after the first wash it never really "fit" again. I decided to try it on last night just to see. Guess what? It actually fit me better than before I bought it. This made me really happy because I really liked the shirt and now I can get some use out of it!


Rich and I went to dinner at Torri's (a Japanese steak house) the same place that I ate so much I got sick a few weeks ago. I ordered prawns this time, incredible, once my food was served I separated my meal on my plate to what I was going to eat and what I was going to take home. I got full quickly and I practiced portion control and made good eating choices. I am very bloated today - probably because I ate a ton of vegetables the last couple of day including broccoli and mushrooms, two things that give a lot of gas. After dinner Richard wanted to go get ice cream, I told him only if we could go to the Yogurt Mill ( I LOVE that place). He was a little skeptical at first but was pleasantly surprised and it had fewer calories than ice cream. I ordered myself a kid size double cheesecake with strawberries and kiwi. Of course, Rich ordered a bigger size. But he ended up not being able to finish it and we brought his home to the girls.



I got up early today for Body Pump and got out of the house early. I stopped by McDonald's and grabbed Amelia some breakfast because she didn't eat much at home. We still got to the gym before 8:00 to sign in for our class that was going to start at 8:30. I had my regular protein w/ light soy milk at home and a banana. One of the trainer seen me bring McDonald's into the gym and gave me about bad time about it. My kids rarely get McDonald's, I think of it as a treat when I am able to get them breakfast in the mornings. Amelia probably hasn't had it since September. Besides, I knew I was going to be at the gym for a long time and didn't want her hungry because we left the house before her body was really ready to eat.

Weigh in today was a success. 224 lbs on the trainer scale, which makes another pound gone forever - 34 lbs total. I think I probably weighed in more because of the gas and dinner out last night, and just eating out 3 times this week. I know that is all going to take a toll on my weekly weigh in. I really feel bloated though so I am happy with a pound loss... better than remaining the same or a gain, right?

3 comments:

  1. Of course! You probably lost even more but with eating out and the bloating it says a few pounds higher. Good job girl! Happy anniversary too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the weigh in, and hey! How'd you figure out how to do the Pray for Ryan button?
    Thanks so much for adding it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sherri. I remember Jayme from an AOL board I used to go to, it's the least I can do. On your page there was a code under your button. I copied it and pasted it onto my page in one of the sections I could customize and it worked!

    ReplyDelete