Thursday, February 11, 2010

Strike Two Update

This morning I checked out the gym in Modesto. It really is a nice facility but further than I would like to drive. They are cheaper than my current gym though, the equipment isn't as nice, probably because everything is brand new at my current gym. The other gym has a pool, tennis courts and more activities for the kids. I would consider switching and making the drive if I was unable to fix the situation at my current gym.

I never heard back from the manager last night. So I called today around noon to follow up the manager was unavailable but the assistant manager immediately called me back. We had a very long discussion about yesterday's incident. The policy and hopefully came up with a solution. Apparently, the "banning" from daycare is optional after the 3rd incident but she assured me that they won't ban Amelia. They said it's used at their discretion and only in the most extreme cases - example an older kid biting / fighting, not for a case of a toddler going through a stage. Also, we discussed the checking in policy and how supervision could be part of the problem and how the bite might have been prevented if an adult had been directly interacting with the girls instead of generally supervising them from across the room. After which, she said she would allow Amelia back into the kid's club today and remove her suspension. She said that she would be having a discussion with the kid's club staff to address a lot of the issues I brought up. I stressed that I know the staff is caring and are generally good with the kid's but the policy was the biggest problem. It wasn't a matter having a problem with a specific staff member but more how things could be improved and problems avoided. I really hope that she relays the message to the staff with that intent and I really hope the problem is solved. I prayed last night for the problem to not only be resolved but for Amelia to no longer bite.

I started reading the book, Calm my Anxious Heart yesterday. My friend Shannon let me borrow it to help me grow spiritually and heal. It talks about being optimistic vs. pessimistic and to give your worries, anxieties to God through prayer. I had a great run last night. Rich watched the girls and I got outside and ran. There was a beautiful sunset, and it just felt very spiritual to me. Sometimes when I'm exercising, I feel like God speaks right to my heart. Last night, was one of those times. You know had I been able to run at the gym yesterday, I probably wouldn't have gotten in that run and time with God last night. It's funny the things God uses to speak to you and to send you a message. Last night, it was through my run, through music and just feeling his presence and strength. I know that God is working in my life, working in my heart, changing me. I can just feel it. I've never been this receptive before but I'm willing to listen. I'm learning (or trying to learn) to let God be in control.

Last night, while in bed I was talking to Rich about all my thoughts, about this blog. I'm sure to him it seemed like I was just rambling on and on. I told him though that life is changing for me, and it all seems to be piecing together I just can't see the end of the puzzle yet. He was dead tired, zombie like, and probably just listened to me so I would stop my rambling and he could go to bed. haha Poor guy. I really do appreciate having this blog- an outlet to let my inner thoughts go. I've always loved to write to express myself even if no one else read it. It's so therapeutic and such a blessing for me.

2 comments:

  1. Back before I returned to church, when I was struggling with organized religion. Running WAS my spirtual outlet. Still is, but in a different way. It was where I thought, prayed, cried, praised.
    I use to say the fields were my sanctuary, the trees were my congregation. It was the best place, and still is the best place, to hear God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like that with Davey sometimes... he is patient with me, but a week ago he said, "The main things you talk about it Weight Loss, and.. Weight Loss." LOL! I feel so bad.. hehe. It is hard not to share your new hobby/lifestyle with your best friend! I hope it all gets solved for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete