Monday, February 1, 2010

Keep on Loving You



Today marks 8 years of marriage for Richard and I, and 10 years together . We have experienced so much growing and so many blessings. As much as I thought, I loved him 8 years ago; I love him so much more now. Looking at this picture, boy were we young! I was 20 and Rich 22. I would love to say I was thin because I was but I was also about 5 pregnant with Mariyn. On our wedding day, I was only about 9lbs bigger than my normal self though. I'm not really sure anyone could tell I was expecting but it was known.


Rich has been so supportive of all my goals and so encouraging. It was almost as important to him that I finished my education as it was to me. He stayed home with the girls at night so I could attend class. Now, he is so encouraging about my weight loss. Constantly bragging about me and complimenting me. Heck, he even deals with my diet food - ok I think he likes my diet food, lol. I caught him eating my diet redi-whip (whip cream). He didn't even know it was diet! LOL And he eats way more skinny cow ice creams than I do - I think he's trying to save me from the calories! ;-) Nahh.. they are just really that good!

Enough lovey dovey stuff. I hit the gym at about 11 today worked out until 12:45. I got about an hour of weights and 30 mins of treadmill. I did really good today on the treadmill. I set my goal to do 20 mins then figured I'd switch to the elliptical. I was able to run at least in 3 minute spurts. Then I'd walk for a minute or two and run again. I did a lot more running today than other days. I ended up getting just over 2 miles in. I'd know exactly but I accidentally hit the emergency stop button as I was running and lost track of my exact results. Since I struggle with the treadmill so much, I've decided I'm just going to grab it by the horns and face it head on. I need to get as much training in as I can to prepare for the 5K in March. Normally, I do cardio kickboxing on Monday nights but since it's our anniversary I decided to take the night off. We might get lucky and have a real date ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment