Thursday, February 18, 2010

There is chocolate cake in my microwave calling my name - and I'm not giving in. It's only one piece... the last piece then this awful temptation will be out of my house. I'm sure Richard will eat it tonight.

I'm a bit tired. Clare and I worked out together today. We did about an hour of weights and 30 minutes of cardio. Because the cardio cinema is still broken, we ran the treadmills out on the gym floor. I suggested to the manager that they purchase two bulbs for the projector so the cinema doesn't have so much down time next time. Anyways, I ran really well today. I told Clare about my 8 mins of running last night and she challenged me to do 9 minutes today. I was just hoping to meet my time! Guess what though, I ran for 10 minutes straight! I was so proud of myself and I'm seeing so many improvements in myself. The treadmills on the gym floor are a bit more technical than the one's in the cinema. I set my course to run a 5k, just because I need to prepare myself for the real thing. I knew I was only doing 30 minutes of cardio - I didn't have time to do any extra. I ended up finishing at 2.11 miles, in the 30 minutes. 1 mile short of the completed 5K. I'm very optimistic that I can physically complete the entire 5K. Obviously, I can't run it all yet but each time I run I get a little bit better.

I've noticed the incident at the gym last week has caused a bit of tension in the daycare. I immediately noticed the employees interacting more with the kids. I just feel different now when I drop off Amelia. The supervisor knows I complained but I told her I was going to and that it wasn't personal that I disagree with the policy. I swear she avoids me or conversation with me now. To me it's obvious because she used to talk a lot to me. I've wanted to talk to her about the situation but I haven't been able to because she avoids me so. On Thursday when Amelia returned to daycare. I felt awkward tension. She was on the phone when I dropped her off. When I came back, she was gone for the day. There have been several incidents that lead me to believe she is avoiding me and it's just a complete 180 change from how she treated me previously. Obviously, I'd like to not have issues but at this point I'm not really sure what to do.

On a more positive note...You know you're a gym rat when... you work out really hard and you go back for more. The teacher doing cross walk duty not only recognizes you from the gym but asks if the instructor is going to be teaching at the gym. Not to mention, you've already gone to the gym but are still wearing you gym clothes. Yes, I wear mine everywhere but I'm going back to the gym tonight - for Zumba. Zumba doesn't even seem like exercise, it's just fun. I can't justify missing it because I enjoy it so much and I am only doing 2 night classes a week.

3 comments:

  1. Good job on the running!! Wow!! you've inspired me to run more. I have to admit I avoid running. I can barley run a 1/4 mile which takes me only like two mins. That's all I can do! how sad. Anyways I am excited for your 5k! its before my tri! But its good cause it's keeping me accountable to do the tri... although I admit I have been slacking in the tri training and doing more TKB because I just don't know if I will be able to pay for it. But I will pray about it and know God will provide. There is something about paying for it in advanced though.. it keeps you accountable ya know? anyways.. enough about me! good to read your blog again.. its been a few days! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Adrienne. I really have been pushing myself w/ running but I've avoided it for too long! And I totally understand about paying for the Tri, I haven't paid for the 5K yet but it's a charity one so I know I still have time. I always procrastinate with stuff like that. I was thinking if you guys came up for Easter - maybe we can look into something to do together then. Just an idea but it would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be fun! But Davey is in the Ester musical at church here this year! lol should be funny. We can still meet half way and do something.

    ReplyDelete