Monday, February 15, 2010

A case of the Mondays

We had a good weekend. Saturday my sister's and I took our kids to Knights Ferry and walked around. It's was such a beautiful day and so peaceful (well minus the 6 kids, lol). I ate healthy and Saturday night I had a small bite of chocolate and a small piece of cake at my moms. Hopefully, nothing too damaging. Sunday, I was good. No Valentine's candy to add to my love handles this year.




But...Guess what? Yep, it's Monday again! Which is normally a day I look forward to. Mariyn goes back to school, hubby goes back to work. Amelia and I spend the day together enjoying quiet time and getting back into the routine of things. Not today though, Mariyn had the day off - President's day. I was dog sitting for my mom, so I took the opportunity to get some activities in and have more family time. I like to make breakfast for the girls when they are home. Mariyn and I made these delicious blue berry muffins out of the hungry girl 200 under 200 cookbook.


We played fetch with the dogs for a while in the backyard and we took them for a walk to the park. The girls had fun but let me tell you, it was exhausting. To top it off, I think I'm fighting off a cold. I feel ok but have low energy, scratchy throat and voice. I've been loading up on the Airborn and Zicam trying to fight it off. The low energy really affected my performance tonight at the gym I could just feel it, but I got through a little bit of weights and my cardio kickboxing. For a while, I was questioning whether or not I should do the kickboxing but I finished it and I'm glad I did. Hopefully, I can kick this cold and be back to normal tomorrow. It's Richard's birthday tomorrow - so I'm sure there will be celebrating and food involved. If you didn't already know, I'm a sucker for cake. It's my weakness but I can be good. LOL Portion control, right? I really missed my Tuesday classes last week so I'm looking forward to that and I'm hoping for a good weigh in.

2 comments:

  1. I've been sick for 2 weeks. Today is the first day I feel remotely human and feeling like heading back to the gym. It's been a ROUGH 2 weeks. I've only been to the gym twice in the last 2 weeks. So,this should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to the gym sick, sucks. I hope your able to enjoy your gym time today - and I'm glad you're feeling human :)

    ReplyDelete