Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Goals

Weigh in today - complete success! Weighed in at 221 - lost another 3 lbs. For a total of 37lbs! Wow! 37 lbs! So very motivating! The weight is truly melting off. That is a twelve pound loss since I started the competition! WOW!


My face looks different, less round. I've always had a round face. Mostly because I swear I have no chin, it's something that runs in my family. My mom has no chin, both my sister's have no chin. Well, I shouldn't say we have no chin - my sister barely weighs 120lbs at most has 2 chins due to lack of bone structure in her chin. I have the same problem but with a lot more weight! I just feel so much prettier now that my face is thinning out. It's amazing.


I want to lay out some of my short term goals. A lot of the time, I just go go go without saying what exactly my goals are. I want to start getting even more bang for my gym buck. I've read a lot of inspiring stories and seen women lose consistently 5lbs or more each week. I have good weeks and bad weeks but I think 3 lbs is my average. I want to keep that consistent with not losing even more each week. Two of my short term goals are:

Next week, I want to hit the 40lbs lost mark.
By my next competition weigh in (2-22, I think) be 211 lbs, 20lbs loss documented.
March 21st, run 5k.
End of March under 200 lbs.

In order to reach these goals, I'm going to continue with diet and exercise. I need to make sure my body does not hit a plateau. I will need to be careful with my diet and strong with my fitness routine. Make every work out count. With God's will, I can do this!

4 comments:

  1. I *think* I'm going to strive for a 10K this year. I need to get back into long distance running again to see how I feel. I ran that almost 10 miles back in September, and I just stopped because of the weather.

    I also hit the hell out of my hula hoop tonight :D Im hoping that will be helpful to strengthening my core.

    Oh! congrats on the continued weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, I thank God for you. I seriously think He made it so we would be on this journey together. When I started in July, I had my own motivation, but no one to relate to. Then after you started we began communicating and encouraging each other. After you passed me up :), a competitive drive started with me (a good one). When I want to give up or slow down I think of you and how I would feel when you meet your goal weight and I am still 80 plus pounds away from mine. There is no stopping you, and that is keeping me going!! So thank you!! I am so motivated this week, and it feels so good! Love ya!
    P.S. The Gitmed chin? Yeah Davey has it a little too. LOL!
    congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri - be like Nike - just do it! I totally wish I could do one with you. ::sigh:: Sometimes living on the opposite coast makes things difficult! I would love to do a 10K - but I've also got to make it through the 5K.


    Adrienne - I am thankful for you too. Until you married Davey, I never took the opportunity to get to know you, even though I've known you since you forever. I'm glad we're taking that opportunity now.

    Plus, I feel like we are helping eachother in so many ways. God's will is at work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very True, it's exciting! Can't wait to get together.

    ReplyDelete