Tuesday, August 31, 2010

weigh in 8/31

It's the last day of August....Meaning only 19 more days until my 29th birthday (goal date) and 20 more days until my triathlon (biggest physical goal yet). I'm getting very excited about both. Even though I will not be at my goal weight like I had originally wanted, I am still working towards my goal and am in a much better spot physically and health wise than where I was a year ago. I just know the last year of my 20's is going to be great, physically fit, and full of faith.

This morning I got up, made the girls breakfast and lunch and got Mariyn off to school. She wanted to ride her bike to school, so we left a little bit earlier. Then I rode to the gym with Amelia in tow. I had a great morning of body pump and cycle. More issues with the new body pump instructor. She called me out 3 times for deviating from the AB choreography. Seriously, I was ticked! Smoke coming out my ears got up and left angry. I went to get a cycle ticket came back to clean up my weights and get my stuff. Then the teacher had the nerve to confront me. Letting me know it was HER class and that she was trained to give proper technique and I need to follow HER because she had the most training for optimal results. Eghhh... I let her know that I am the member I pay for the class, I choose what I want to do. I followed her the entire class but I found something that has been more effective for my abs than the choreography I've gotten in body pump. I've lost 66 lbs, work out 5 days a week and can do a lot more physically than other people my size. I think **I** know a thing or two about my body. I appreciate imput, don't get me wrong, but obviously I heard her, 3 times, I CHOSE to do my own thing. Just because I'm not a size zero doesn't mean I don't know what I was doing. I am so a none confrontational person and to be honest, last week she did something that struck a nerve with me too but it wasn't directed at me. She took weights from a member because "she lifts more than the other instructors". I'm sorry, the weights are there for us members, instructors are there to instruct it is OUR workout time, our money. I'm not in elementary school getting a grade. I'm going to improve myself for myself. Yeah I was angry so say the least.

In case you were wondering what exercise I was doing that was so devious that I need not only to be called out but lectured after class: Here is a video:



Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to injure myself doing ab work lady, I know my body and I push myself hard everyday. Crunches really aren't cutting it and I want Results.

To change my mood, I went and weighed myself. I had a little chit chat with one of the trainers and another member. He told me I should no longer weigh myself, they always say that. Which I know I can't go off weight alone but the number on the scale is really still too important to me to give up. Next time I go in, I'm going to calculate my body fat. It's been a while since I've done it and I would love to see the change. I told him my story about shopping yesterday and squeezing into a size 8, even though the dress slacks looked like spandex I was able to get them on. The other member said, wow a size 8 that's really small - my thoughts exactly! I think that is going to be a short term goal, to be able to fit into a size 8. Only one size away really, but it seems like a whole different world that I am willing to work for. Even the trainer was impressed, I think because he remembers where I came from. He was the same trainer that did my initial weigh in for the contest and seen me at 233 lbs in a bikini. They watched me weigh in, kinda an odd feeling when someone else is staring at the scale with you. It wasn't as good as my pre-weigh yesterday but I'm still happy. 192, a pound less than last week! 66lbs lost total! And I just know soon I'm going to be able to report an even bigger loss :D

I took the rest of my aggression out on the bike today in cycle. After the class, the instructor asked me, Sara did I give you a good enough workout. She always does but I think I had that built up adrenaline coming out today being taken out on the bike.

Oh and just in case you are a bit curious, last night we ran about 4.5 miles :)

4 comments:

  1. What a frustrating experience for you in your body pump class! I would've been angry too, but how much of a testament that you took it out on a spin bike instead of food!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I would be so upset. Tell the manager... she is there for you guys.. to help you. You don't work for her! anyways.. I was thinking about it last night. I only weigh 10 pounds more than you, and you are 3 sizes smaller than me!! That really shows me that inches matter so much.. because no doubt you have a lot of muscle. So Congrats on that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I like your weight chart! I might look into those.. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turtle - I was so angry (as you can tell) but you know, I didn't even think about eating. And I didn't realize this accomplishment until you pointed it out! Thank you! I clearly remember an incident where an instructor offended me and I cam home and binged last year. I guess I have come along way :) YAY! Go me! Thanks again!


    Adrienne - I would have told the group fitness director but I was too angry. I'm friends with her (the director) and I want to be careful with the way I express my concerns but trust me, she will hear about it. Oh and about the chart Thanks :) I think I like the chart better than the ticker. You can really see progress on it and where you're going. I've been wanting one for a while but didn't know there was a place to do it. I'm glad I found it!

    ReplyDelete