Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekend +

Rich was gone hunting for the weekend. So you know what they say, when the cat is away the mice will play. I soaked up as much mommy daughter time as I could. The girls and I spent an enjoyable weekend getting out of the house. Friday night, we went to my friends softball game. I love softball and I love watching softball. I love being out at the ballpark and even more, I love playing. I really miss playing and hope to play again, soon. It's incredibly hard to go watch a game, even though I enjoy it, I WANT to play. Both my girls had a great time running around the park, playing with the other kids. We ate out Friday night before the game. We don't have too many options when it comes to resteraunts in my town, so I totally take advantage when I go somewhere. I had Greek food (Gyros, Rice and Salad) and the girls wanted Panda Express. After the game, I splurged and got frozen yogurt. So yummy it feels incredibly sinful for a dieter, but it's not. Oh how I love froyo!

Saturday the girls and I visited my younger sister. We were suppossed to go to my nephews football game, but just didn't make it in time. The girls and I played at a park near my sisters house. It brought back so many good childhood memories because I also grew up in the same neighborhood as my sister now lives. I spent 8 + years pracitcing softball at the park. So many other good memories too. It was kinda of neat watching my girls play and enjoy their time there.
At night I was feeling lonely and was trying to figure out what to do. My friend mentioned on facebook she was going to church, so I figured, why not? The girls wanted to go, so we loaded up and took off. Once I got there, my friend texted me that she wasn't going after all but I was already in the parking lot and figured God must really want me here tonight. So I went in. The message was great, a few parts really hit home and gave me something things to think about. After church, we headed to my older sister's house we were going to eat dinner over there. Amelia had been asking to see her cousin all day. It was really cute. On my way there, I drove by a Marie Calendars and stopped in. Lemon Merage Pie is only $6.99 this month. I just had to get one, I figured I'd share it with my sister and her family. Yeah I know pie on a diet, right? I really think it's ok to splurge every once in a while. It's helped me feel far less resentful and remain focused. Before I would have stopped and got the pie, hid it in my car and taken it home to be eaten mostly by myself. This time, I took it to my sisters, shared it will 6 other people and left the remaining pie there. I do have to admit though, I ate 2 pieces. My sister served me one and I ate it all. Amelia didn't end up eating hers, she was more intersted in playing and so I ate it. :X I normally don't give into seconds. It ws incredibly delicious though.

I ate so much delicious food this weekend that Sunday night I went for a run. Zumara and I ran about 4.5 miles. My knees have been bothering me a little bit lately. I've always had bad knees but the pain comes and it goes in cycles. Lately I've been able to feel them a lot more, probably because I've been running a lot more. Zumara called and asked if I wanted to run. I'm so glad we've become friends. I've had many people say, we should run together but they are never as dedicated to it as I am. They fall through and it never really works out. Zumara and I are equally dedicated to running and it seems to work out really well for both of us. On nights, she needs a push I'm there and vice versa.

I did cycle at the gym this morning. Dana's monday class. 62 mintues of cardio + cool down. Her Monday class is usually the most intense. She really pushes you to do your best and ride hard every time. I am going to try to make this part of my regular routine, as long as I am not working. My goal is to increase my running after cycle in preparation for the tahoe triathlon. It's less than a month away now. I didn't run today because I ran so late last night but in the future I will. I didn't want to injure myself today by doing too much. So I did an ab workout. Spent about 20 mintues just focusing on my abs. They are the slowest part of my body to show change. I did 300 crunches total. 100 x right obliques 100 x left obliques and 100 x center plus 50 leg extensions to focus on my lower abs. I would really like to see some more change in my stomach. I'd say from my naval to my hips is my problem area. I could really deal with my hips if my stomach looked better. But I've come along way. I still remember the first time I was told to suck in my abs, I couldn't feel them, let alone do a sit up. So I'm greatful for progress even if it is slow moving.

Oddly enough, even though I splurged so much this weekend. I'm looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. Rich said when he came home that I look skinnier, so I'm hoping he is right :)

4 comments:

  1. So many thoughts!!
    My tummy too... :/
    So excited for Tahoe for you.. what's the date??
    Have you gotten a swim suit or wet suit? I just looked all over for a swim suit but they didn't have any reasonable prices, or my size. :( The biggest most stores have is a 12!!! then plus size but of course plus size is not a spots suit.. they are stupid tankinis! Ugh. Sorry.. vent.
    You do look skinnier in that pic below.. so I bet your down! yay can't wait!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My biggest worry about Tahoe is paying for it. I think I can find a wetsuit afford-ably or possibly borrow one. Big 5 has a been having athletic swimsuits on sale, I'm not as worried about size now. It's coming up soon though 9-19 :) I'm excited but will be even more so once I get the hotel booked then register.

    I hope I'm down. I pre-weighed today at home and it was good. I hope I'm still down tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that info.. I'll check big 5. I was thinking of renting a wet suit.. we will see. I am worried about being able to swim in one! They seem stiff..
    I am excited for you! The whole experience will be so fun. If you can.. try to find some really cold water to get into.. just to see how it feels. We have been going to the river every now and then and that water is as cold as my last tri.. so mentally I remember the feeling. Tahoe might be warmer.. but then again it's Tahoe.. so idano! lol
    ps so sorry about your aunt ;(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tahoe will be cold, it's a very cold lake with year round snow melt. We have a river less than a block away from our house, and it's usually pretty cold too. I could possibly take advantage of that too. I've gotten in it this summer but I tend to swim most at home. It's safer with the kids and cleaner.

    ReplyDelete