Thursday, August 26, 2010

8-26

I went to my aunt's memorial service today. It was so beautiful and cheerful truly a celebration of her life. My great aunt was a very special lady whom had a lot of grace and made everyone feel special and accepted. She was a woman of faith with a strong love for Christ. Her service really showed the love and Grace of God. There were even a few words said, that made me think about my own faith and how I can grow stronger. The pastor said, anyone can talk to God, lots of people talk to God, but how many people are really listening to God. I really want to be a good listener and I realize that I need to spend more time with God, listening to him and seeking him. I spend so much time talking, occupying my time, staying busy when in reality I need to listen more and share more of me with him.

My aunt was from a big family, had a big family, who also had big families... so yeah, there was lots of family and with lots of family comes lots of food. I was so worried about this. I didn't have time to go to the gym today and to be honest, I think my body needs a break so I chose not to run tonight. I knew I needed to be cautious with my eating because it's so easy to be tempted and be thrown off track. There was so much food: Pasta Salad, Spaggheti salad, potatoe salad, fruit salad, green salad, aram sandwiches, lunch meat, rolls, vegatble trays, tri tip, baked beans and yeah more than 2 tables filled with scrumptious tantalizing baked goods and deserts. So incredible, so tempting. I made my daughters plates then decided to make my own. Cautiously, I got fruit salad, green salad, baked beans, tri tip, and the smallest moresal of a brownie I could find. I ate my food and did not go near the desert table. Although I have to admit the cupcakes looked incredible and were calling my name. I was so proud of myself.

So many family members commented on how good I looked. I wore the red dress I blogged about a few days ago. It's not really funural attire but I knew it fit and not much else does. My uncle John even complimented me, he said I looked beautiful and asked about my routine. I've never been complimented that I can remember from my uncle, not for earning my degrees, not for my looks, nothing. If anything, the only conversations I recall with him include me leaving feeling worse about myself because of some commment or another he made and hurt my feelings. It felt so good today though. I can't even begin to tell you how many compliments I received from family.

This evening my girls and I went to the farmers market. It's the last one of the year. I'm going to miss going with my girls. We got lots of fruit and goodies. A few weeks ago, I bought my girls honey sticks and I ended up using Amelia's in my oatmeal it was so good I wanted to come back and get a jar. So tonight, I made sure I got some and I'm looking forward to making Oatmeal with it again. Incredible. I just love everything about the farmers markets, the food, the atmosphere and healthy lifestyle. If you have one in your area, I highly recommend checking it out.

2 comments:

  1. I saw the pics your Mom posted. Looked really nice, not somber at all. That's great. You know Uncle John... he likes the skinny mini's. LOL I am so glad he commented on you, you did look beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete