Monday, August 30, 2010

Optimistic

My heart is filling so full today, well lately really. I had an amazing weekend and I'm off to a great week already. I got the kids off to school this morning and went shopping. Normally I go to the gym on Monday mornings but today I had an interview and I just knew the pants I wore last year wouldn't fit me and I was in need of a new pair.

Kohl's opens at 8 am, so I got there and looked around. I wasn't looking for anything special just a black pair of slacks to wear for the interview. I already knew what shirt I was going to be wearing. The position I applied for is a classified position at a junior high involving supervision. It's not a high paying position but it's close to home and the hours are perfect for me. When I first went into Kohl's I seen the cutest jeans. I am really in need of new clothes and totally wanted these jeans. Just last night, Rich told me the jeans I was wearing were looking big on me. I grabbed a pair of the jeans and told myself if I got the job I would treat myself to these jeans and I grabbed a few pairs of pants that would work in a size 10, then I seen a gray pair with a weaved pattern that I really liked but they didn't have a 10, they had an 8. I knew the 8 wouldn't fit me but I grabbed them anyways just because I wanted to see how much of myself I could suck and squeeze into them.

I took all the pants into the fitting room and tried on the jeans first. The have cute little rhinestones and butt pockets. I really liked them. Oh how I just love jeans. Then I tried on the size 8 slacks. Pulling them up my legs and sucking in my gut, I was able to get them on! Yeah muffin top was spilling over and they weren't at all attractive, cottage cheese ripples and the full effect but I was able to SQUEEZE myself into them. I honestly didn't think I would get them up past my hips let alone over my booty and on my waist with room to zip, even if they were obviously still too small - they are a size 8 - a size 8 I tell you! Immediately, I called my hubby while he was at work to tell him my glorious news of how I was able to squeeze myself into a size 8, a pre-babies, pre-fat, single digit size! Even though, I left the pants there because they obviously didn't fit my heart was so happy. I ended up getting a black pair of slacks in a size 10, exactly what I came in for and exactly what I needed.

When I got home, I went to the bathroom, wearing just my t-shirt and undergarments I did a pre-weigh in. It's been years since I've seen a number on the scale that low. I was so happy and proud. I really hope to see that same number on the scale tomorrow at the gym, but if not, I'm sure I will still see a loss.

After my pre-weigh in, I went ahead and got ready. I think I had a good interview and I'm feeling optimistic. I know it's a tough economy out there and my future is in God's hands. I prayed about the interview this morning and am just feeling hopeful.

After my interview, I had lunch with my hubby. I love him so much and it's nice to have quiet time just me and him. I'm not going to make it to the gym today, too many things to take care of while the kids were at school. I plan on running tonight after I put them in bed.

4 comments:

  1. Wow a size 10??? Amazing!!!! I long to wear a 12!! I feel like I will never get there!!! Thank you for motivating me and reminding me that it is possible! I will pray for you to get the job! Although I will miss you blogging.. I know you will be so busy working and family and working out.. :) Good luck! Can't wait to hear about tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine a size 10 or 8...I'm excited that I'm getting close to being in 20's (I started out in 24's). Good for you!!! I hope you get the job...keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrienne, it's totally possible and you will get there, just got to keep working at it, making good choices, every day.

    Kimberlynn - thanks for checking out my blog and leaving a comment! Welcome, I hope you enjoy! I know how exciting change is when you're getting smaller. Soon you will be there, just keep moving forward one good choice at a time. I seen your from TN, can I ask what part? One of my very best friends lives in Knoxville. It's gorgeous out there, I got to visit last summer. I'd love to go back.

    The job front - no new yet. I'm really not that excited about the type of job that it is. It isn't my career, it's just a job. I put it in God's hands :) I'm not sure it is the right choice for me or not. We shall see, even if I get a job, I'm still going to workout and blog, so don't worry about that! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an hour northeast of Knoxville and go there all the time. It really is so beautiful here. I'm hoping you'll still here something about the job, but if not God has something better!!!

    Blessings,
    Kimberlynn

    ReplyDelete