Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Double Duty

I did double duty today. This morning, I went to cycle. Then ran a mile on the treddy. Not because a mile is something brag worthy of course, but to get used to the feeling of running after cycling and prepare for my tri. September will be here soon. After running, I got a mat and focused on my abs. I did 100 crunches on both obliques and in the middle = 300 crunches total. I notice my lower abs are really weak. I need to strengthen them. I had to go to the trainer station to get a mat; apparently, one of them had noticed me running and commented that I had a good hard run. I couldn't help but laugh. I only ran 1 mile and I know I was pouring sweat. The sweat was really from cycle not the run.

I ate poorly today. I'm not going to lie. I took my friend Clare out to lunch for her birthday. WE had Wings and Rings. I ate a moderate amount but I know the caloric count has to be insane. For dinner, I had an amazing turkey, bacon, avocado sandwich from subway. So good and I didn't have any may. Light oil and vinegar with salt and pepper.

So the double duty part - I went running tonight. Zamara came over and we ran a big loop around the neighborhood. I would have done two loops but her knee started bothering her and I know it's better to stop then get injured. I went to mapmyrun.com and we actually covered 2.25 miles. Not bad for only half of our planned run. Hopefully, it helps make up for the bad lunch :X

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I remember running the first time after spin and I thought I was gonna faint. Soon though I could cycle 50-55 mins then do 2 miles on the treadmill, running and walking. Your doing great. I am sure your run burned off your lunch!

    ReplyDelete