Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Holding Steady

I've been holding steady at my current weight for a while. I was optimistic earlier in the week that I was going to have a loss this week because I was running so much. I won't lie, I even snuck on the scale and seen it. LOL Yeah well, the weekend rolled around and my eating was bad, very bad. I really have nothing else to blame but myself and my lack of willpower right now. I'm looking forward to school starting and all the routine that comes with it. I'm hoping my dieting efforts will be better then. I have to admit, I am disappointed with my self and my eating habits. I was so diligent all last school year. Spring and summer came and they just started slipping up. I really wanted to be skinny when the kids went back to school. Yeah, I'm skinnier but really not at my goal where I wanted to be, where I could have been had I eaten better and not made so many excuses.

I did body pump and cycle this morning. My legs are already sore. I want to go for a run tonight but I might just go and do yoga. I've got dinner being made in the crock pot. BBQ Chicken sandwiches. I will be eating mine on an Orowheat thin. I'll probably make corn on the cob or asparagus too.

I know I didn't blog yesterday. I spent the morning finishing up school clothes shopping. The grand total is 10 dresses, 5 shirts, 2 tank tops, 3 skirts, 4 shorts, 5 pairs of leggings and 4 pairs of shoes. Mariyn is done - done done. I didn't think I had bought that much, until I showed my mom today. Mariyn didn't "summer clothes" this year so she needed a lot. She's grown so tall and most of her shorts are too short to wear in public. Plus she goes back to school on Weds. It's still going to be warm here for a long time. Shopping with her was so much fun. She looks cute in absolutely everything. We had very little put backs. Although, I notice this year her style is changing and she likes picking out her own things more than the things I (Uhhmm... her mom) suggests. I'm totally envious of her being able to look cute in everything, even though I am her mother. I can't tell you how many times I've left dressing rooms crying and upset because of the way clothes fit. Or didn't fit is more like it. Shopping with her was fun and easy.

Amelia got a few things too. She starts preschool next Friday. She got more clothes this summer than Mariyn did so she doesn't need much. I got her a couple of dresses. Amelia has been talking so much more this week too. Full sentances. :) and she used the potty for 5 days with no accidents. Today, day 6 she regressed and has had a few. Her behavior has been so good this week. Which made for easy shopping. ha ha Mariyn would not have gotten that much stuff had Amelia been her usual testy self. I'm looking forward to her speech tomorrow and being able to talk about the progress made.

So yeah, besides shopping I did do cardio kick yesterday. I need to add something more to my Monday routine but I'm not really sure what. It's hard to work out late Monday night and early Tuesday morning for my body pump and cycle routine. Must have gotten a good burn. Some days, I really wish I had a body bug just to watch my calories burn. Must be neat.

Oh and I did something spontaneous. I went to Macys.com this weekend and ordered some stuff for Mariyn. Yeah, I know you se Macey's and think expensive but I got great deals! I broke down and ordered this dress in redfor myself too! It was cheap, less than $14.00 and I bought a size Medium. Well have to see when it gets here if it *really* fits. Here is to hoping! I know I was being brave by getting a medium. Red is my favorite color though, so I hope it fits.

Here is to a better weigh in next week :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute dress!! I have been shopping online too this week.. not good!! lol Chadwicks.com has amazing deals right now!! I bought skirts shoes and dresses all under $15 each! I hope the sizes are right!! :/ I am confident next week you will have a loss!

    ReplyDelete