Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I've been in a whirlwind winding down summer the last few days.


Sunday: Mariyn's triathlon. She did great and had a lot of fun. It was a short, course 50 yard swim, 1 mile bike, 1/2 mile run. Here she is with her finishers medal. She is already asking to do it again.


Monday we got up early and went to the beach. The girls and I had a great time in Santa Cruz and went to the boardwalk too. My mom came with us and on our way home we stopped by my aunts and visited. It was a really nice, but very quick visit. I didn't get home until after 2 a.m.

Tuesday, I spent trying to get my daughter organized and ready for school. I had a ton of laundry to fold and I still have a whole house to clean. We bought my mother in law a ticket to fly here this weekend. Aligiant air is having a great deal for only 10.99 each way (plus taxes and fees of course), so we had to take advantage of it. To top of the day, we had "Tide-gate" at our house. I was taking a short break from folding laundry and I noticed a fregrence in the air. It smelled clean and familiar. My keen instincts kicked in and told me it was WAY to quiet around here. I got up, and walked into the kitchen. I hear Amelia in our laundry room, saying "Help, I do it. I do it!" She had been doing laundry and spilled tide all over herself and the laundry room. I now had a thick mess of tide-goodness to clean up. Amelia went straight into the tub. God Bless her, she was trying too help. Too bad I don't have a rinse cycle for the entire laundry room. Would have been much easier to clean.

Mariyn was off to school this morning. So cute and enthusastic. Amelia and I were off to the gym. We ran errands all morning: preschool, library, doctors office twice. I did cycle at the gym. My first time being there at all this week. It's sort of a transition time for us, getting the kids back to school. I'm not sure what life is going to be like for the next week or so but hopefully, soon we will be back on track.

1 comment: