Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Weigh In 8/17

Can I just start of by saying my body is SORE! I hurt and I'm liking it. I ended up doing an extra run last night, Zamara and I ran 4.25miles. I think we walked about a half mile of it. My knees were hurting. They've been hurting more lately, I don't know what it is. But I got in something like 7 or 8 miles yesterday if I combined both runs. So I'm not complaining. I can really feel it today though. Amelia and I will be taking a nap this afternoon. We got a new matress and laying in bed is just AMAZING, sleep is AMAZING and thats pretty much all I *WANT* to do... not that I get everything I want but hey,the kid has to nap sometime, right? LOL

Gym was fab. I'm really getting back into the routine again. The girls and I got up early this morning; I dropped Mariyn off to school, then off to the gym Amelia and I went to the gym. Body pump was great but apparently everyone else is getting back into the routine again and classes are filling up quick. I wasn't able to get a ticket for cycle. Which really sucked, so I ended up riding on my own out on the floor. I did one of the video simulation seated bikes after body pump. It works a different part of your leg, I can feel it in my quad. The simulation is really good though, you can totally feel the terrain. I got in an 8 mile bike ride in --on the advanced settings. It took me about 40 minutes. It was the first time I used the seated bike. As soon as I got off the bike, I jumped on to the treadmill. I didn't want to run today, as I ran so much last night and my legs and knees were killing me. But I didn't get in to my cycle class and I need to focus more and more on the triathlon training so I ran. Not far, just enough to get the feel of running after cycling and exercising that long and hard. I ran a half mile (5 minutes). My leggs felt so weird, especially my knees. I'm sure I could have ran more had I not ran so much last night. Have I mentioned lately that I feel so blessed just because I can run? I know I'm not the fastest or the best runner, but I can run. And now I can even run long distances, so amazing to me coming from January when I couldn't run 30 seconds.

Accountability. I know that is something you all are wanting to know. How is the weight loss going right? Last night, I weighed in 193.0 on my home scale. I was happy because that means for the contest between my hubby and I, I'm down 2 lbs he is down 8 (not even trying - ugh)! But I'm kicking it back into high gear. I did my weekly weigh in at the gym, the scale paused at 192.4 lbs, then quickly went to 194 lbs and stayed. I stepped on it again, 3 more times just to make sure I wasn't 192, lol, but yeah it continued to read 194 lbs and I'm ok with that. 64 lbs lost total. No working out last week, no weigh in last week and I'm down 1 pound from 2 weeks ago. I'm focused and driven to get on track again. I see a big loss in my hear future :-)

4 comments:

  1. Good job down a pound! I am with you on expecting a big loss!! I was so tempted to weigh today cause i want to see 202!! lol But i didn't. You should get a weight loss ticker. ticker.com
    Anyways, do you know what tri you are gonna do and when is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I might get a ticker. I'd like to make my blog different but I just haven't figured it all out yet. I'd love to get more readers too. Hmmm..

    As for the tri, my heart is still set on Tahoe. I'm 75% sure it's the one I'm going to do because I've been set on it for so long. I have until 9/13 before I have to register so as long as I can afford the hotel, which I think I can, I will be doing that one. You are welcome to join us. I think my mom is comming too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go to shabbyblogs.com they have lots of really cute things. And put it on fb and you'll get readers! I know people READ my blog, but not many FOLLOW it. lol Random people sometimes are like, "I read your blog!" and I am like, "What?? how did you know about it!?" lol.
    I hope you get to do Tahoe too. Seems amazing. I really want to do Jane but I am not sure about the money right now, especially since taking that Venice trip. But I HOPE!! and Pray. ;) I am not sure if I am really ready for another one though.. I havnt' been training at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm... my facebook has a lot of people from my past that I'd rather not share my personal thoughts/blog with. So I haven't posted it there. I don't mind if I shared it with complete strangers though. Random I know.


    When I get time, I'll check out the things you've suggested. I'm confident that if you're able to do Jane, you'll be ready. :)

    ReplyDelete