Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday 8/27

What did I do today...

Hmm... Normally for breakfast I have a glass of protein but today I made a delicious bowl of oatmeal this morning with my fresh local honey, a tad bit of brown sugar and a chopped up nectarine. SOOO good! I can't wait to make it again tomorrow. Lunch, I had homemade taco's with my special homemade salsa. YUM, it was so good. I was craving a salsa salad but we are out of spinach and lettuce. So, I had to eat it in taco form. Dinner was subway, turkey bacon avocado sandwich. I was a little heavy on the carbs but I think I did ok overall.

I worked out with Clare today at 11. It's been a while since we've been able to work out together. Her work schedule just doesn't allow for much of it anymore. My the time 11 am rolled around, I was not motivated to go to the gym. We did all the usual weight training machines. It's been a few weeks since I've utilized that part of the gym. The I interval training on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Running fast for a few mintues then walking slow, running fast again, walking slow, etc. I didn't pay attention to my mileage (odd for me,I know). One of the trainers recommended it to burn more fat then just running, he also said that it would build endurance and help increase speed. So, I'm hoping to work that into my schedule at least once a week. I was planning on doing Abs once I finished running, but honestly, I just forgot.

Despite not working on my abs today, I did notice they are looking better and flatter with my clothes on. Of course, without clothes they are a chunky jelly of a mess still but I think I'm seeing some slight improvement. . . I think.

Here is to a good active weekend, I am hoping to take my daughter's to dance tomorrow and get them signed up if it's not too expensive. Then spend time with the fam. Hopefully incorporate something active like riding bikes. I bought Mariyn a new bike lock tonight. We've been sharing mine. So she is excited :)

1 comment: