Thursday, August 5, 2010

No gym

I didn't go to the gym today. I woke up, mozzied around the house and really just decided I didn't want to go. I took Mariyn to the mall, we had stuff to exchange. Of course, I ended up buying her more. Then to walmart to get household stuff. I knew I wanted to take the girls on a bike ride tonight and go to the farmers market. I knew that since I was so slow to wake, I didn't have a lot of time to get the stuff I needed to get done and find the motivation to get to the gym. So, I problem solved. I decided early on this afternoon that I wasn't going to the gym. Yep, it's not going to kill me if I don't go everyday. I decided that I would get some exercise another way -- I would run tonight after the kids went to bed.

My friend Zamara came over and we ran 4.5 miles together. Then we swam 30 laps in the pool. Plus the bike ride I did with the girls. I figured out the mileage, I rode 3.25 miles (up two hills) pulling an extra 30-50 pounds in a trailer. I'm sure I got in my daily exercise, without the gym. And guess what, it felt good :-)
I just noticed I did everything I would need to do (on a smaller scale) for my tri-training. Run, Bike, Swim, right? ha ha Who needs a gym when you have beautiful weather!

I bought a bunch of beautiful strawberries and raspberries at the farmers market. They were incredibly sweet. I also stocked up on plums and nectarines. YUM. The girls were spoiled. I bought them a honey stick, a peach and a cookie from the best bakery in town. Plus, Mariyn got to bring her friend along :) So I'm sure I get extra points for that... Yeah life is good.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go!! It's so motivating to me how you just run at night then swim and just hop on your bike and go!! That's amazing!! I wish I had a running partner!! ;) and a pool.. I say that all the time though. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) The ride was earlier in the evening - around 7:30-8:00 with the girls. My run and swim was very late after I put the kids to bed. We didn't leave to go running until after 9:30. It works out better for us time wise.

    Honestly, I wouldn't run that late if I didn't have a running partner. Zamara has been a blessing to me because I am too afraid to go alone that late (even though my area is VERY safe). We go so late, that it really isn't interfering with the rest of the fam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am scared to go by myself here in the dark even when I have Molly! I would go early in the am before davey goes to work but its dark!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, youre like the little miss engine that could, I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete