Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Contest Results

Since my morning workout got cut short and because I was feeling down, I went back to the gym tonight. I haven't done Zumba in a few weeks and I do enjoy the Tuesday night class. I have a lot of gym friends who go at night, probably more than I do during the day. It's nice to see them all and I do miss Zumba even though I know it's not as challenging as my other classes.

I've been doing some thinking today, trying not to beat myself up but figure out what exactly is going on with my weight. Part of it maybe a plateau but I really think I've gotten a little bit more linnet with everything. A little less strict with my workouts - going through the motions instead of poised and focused. A little less strict with my diet - there was absolutely no cheating before and now this weekend I ate a whole pint of Ben and Jerry's. We've gradually been eating out more frequently. All these things would be fine, if I was at my goal weight but let's face it, I'm not. Maintaining this weight is not an option. I've still got a minimum of 40 lbs I want to lose.

The Gold's Gym National Contest winners were announced today. I don't think my gym even officially decided a winner to submit. Every time I asked who won, all they said was we haven't decided yet. :/ I doubt I would have won the national contest regardless, the girl in my age bracket did phenomenal. I'm going to post her picture for motivation. While I lost 30 lbs it says she lost 40. To be honest, I think I look closer to her before picture than her after! Here is to my motivation in the next 12 weeks - What a transformation! WOW!

If you're interested you can view all the contest winners on facebook at this link. Many of the winners look like entirely different people. So amazing what can be done in 12 weeks. I'm proud of my own transformation but still a work in progress.


For the record:

Breakfast - Protein w/ Soy Milk & Banana
Snack - Pistachios
Lunch - Quesadilla (whole wheat tortialla, cheese and chipotle veggie burger patty)
Dinner - Stir Fry w/ rice

No comments:

Post a Comment