Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Menstruation and Weigh in

I got up early this morning to get to body pump and cycle on time, which is always difficult for me. Class starts at 8:30 am but I have to be there by 8 in order to get a ticket. Not hard for most people, but for me it's a challenge. Plus it being summer the kids are used to sleeping in. And to be honest, I wanted to sleep in today too.

Menstruation. It's a problem I normally don't deal with. I have a Mirena IUD and have only gotten maybe 3 periods since I delivered Amelia. And really, I don't mind! When I do get one, they're very very light. Nothing really bothersome usually a day or two and only noticeable when I go to the restroom. I noticed I started my period the other day (Thurs or Friday) didn't think anything of it. Today though, it's heavier than normal. Still not heavy but heavy for me and cramping. Oh my... the problems women deal with. I'm so glad I normally don't deal with this. I wonder if this is why I've had such a sweet tooth lately. As I type, I'm digging into Ben and Jerry's fro yo.

Great news! I noticed in body pump today my wrist is no longer hurting. My right wrist has been bothering me for months. I've especially had to baby it in body pump. Today it didn't hurt a bit. I noticed it is a lot weaker than my left wrist (because I had to baby it I'm sure). I didnt' do body pump at all last week and I bet it gave it time to heal. Must have been what I needed. :)

Tuesday is weigh in day! I ate bad this weekend, I know. Plus I'm dealing with the period thing. At first I thought maybe I won't weigh in today. But then I decided I should. Keep myself honest and accountable. I weighed in today at 195.2 I don't remember the tenths of a pound I was last week. Just that it said 195. I'm pretty sure it is less than last week but not by much. Acceptable to me because of everything else: eating badly this weekend, not going to the gym yesterday, eating fast food last night, menstruation. Even with all that, I maintained. Next week, I better have a loss again ;-) I can't wait to get into the 180's. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment