Friday, June 18, 2010

Kids

Kids say the darndest things -- right?

So last night, Mariyn asks me, "Mom what time is cardio in the morning?" I was taken back a bit. Not because she knows we are going to the gym but because of she said it. Apparently, she is very sponge like and soaks in EVERYTHING she hears and is now using gym terms. LOL She enjoys going to the gym and always asks when were going and what I am going to do.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do today, I just knew I wanted to get up and get to the gym as early as possible. 8:30 cycle was my goal, but life didn't cooperate. I got to the gym just after cycle started and I didn't want to go in late. Instead, I opted to do my own cardio. I ran on the treadmill for a while. I was going good too, until a really stinky man got on to the one next to me. He had just gotten there too, it's not like he was sweating stinking from working out. Major body odor going on. So, I wrapped up my running at 15 minutes and headed to the cardio cinema. I hadn't been in there for a while, so I changed it up and did the elliptical for 15 minutes then was so hooked on the movie that I decided to stay and ran for another 15 minutes or so. The treadmills inside the theater don't have a fan so it gets hot in there quick.

I had my usually Friday errands to do plus a trip to walmart. Did I tell you, Amelia is finally potty learning. She has her accidents probably as much as she is successful but she is actually wanting to try and willing to try. I think this time will be it. Mariyn was a quick learner very easily potty trained right at 2. Seriously she learned in 3 days, no major issues. Amelia has been a totally different child and that's ok. I've gotten a bit of slack from others. What-EVER though, I'm changing her diapers and I've tried to teach her. It wasn't parent laziness I realize how old she is. She just wasn't ready.

This afternoon, I took the girls swimming. We are so very blessed to have a pool right in our own backyard. I love the water and am starting to be quite the swimmer! Today I swam 60 laps! 50 freestyle 10 backstroke. 60 x 40 = 2400 feet! 731.52 meters = .45 miles! Nearly a half a mile. Remember, I do take breaks, stop and pay attention to my kids who are playing in the water as well. But still, 60 laps is 60 laps. I'm think I am doing really well on my triathlon training. :0)

You are what you eat:
Breakfast: Protein bar (bought @ the gym because I forgot to eat breakfast!)
Lunch: 2 chicken strips, baked and a handful of fries (kid's lunch leftovers) plus fruit
Dinner: making stir fry with Quinoa
Snacks: Pluots, Nectarines and Almonds

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about Amelia and what people say, they will learn when they are ready. Good job on the swimming! I wish we had a pool! I love to swim so much. Reading you tri training makes me miss mine and I can't wait to do another after the baby!! =) Way to go Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear a lot of remarks from people about Amelia. But I brush it off as best as I can. :) God gave her to me for a reason.

    Swimming has been fun. The weather is so weird here lately though. It's the end of June and hasn't been warm enough to swim most days. I love our pool but it's a HUGE expense and a lot of up keep.

    ReplyDelete