Friday, June 4, 2010

Hmmm

Hmm... Not really sure I have anything * exciting* to blog about today. I woke up groogy this morning, I wanted to make it to Spin at 8:30 but didn't get out of bed until almost 9 am so that didn't happen. I debated whether I would just do Zumba at 9:30 or my own cardio work out. I'm not crazy about this mornings Zumba instructor, it's not that she is bad because she isn't, she's just new. The work out isn't intense enough for me. I will try her again in a couple of weeks when she has more time to get her choreography together. I ended up getting to the gym at 9:40 so I decided to do my own thing.

I hadn't been on the elliptical in a long time, so I decided I would start with that. Good cardio, running like motion no impact on my knees. My 5K is on Sunday so I don't want to over do it in the running department. I got 30 minutes on that then went and did 100 crunches on the ab machine. Then I cycled for 15 mintues. I was feeling very good when I left. No funny dizzy feelings today.

Came home relaxed a little bit then made lunch for the girls - quesadillas. I bought these Morningstar Chipotle Burgers and they're really good. I've made them before on an Orowheat sandwich thin and the family loved them. Today I made them, cut them up and put them inside our quesadillas. So yum! Mariyn said they were the best quesadillas ever!

This afternoon, I had the usually friday errands. Then I took the girls to the dollar tree. They've been wanting to go for a while, Mariyn keeps reminding me. The girls were so cute, they brought their own money about $5 each. They wanted to get stuff for the pool. Mariyn picked out a noodle, beach ball, swim ring and squirt gun (and something else, I can't remember). Amelia got a noodle, swim ring and squirt gun. Both proudly paid for their items. Amelia was super excited to pay buy herself. I gave both the girls the change portion. So cute to see them learning the value of money and excited to get new things. Our errands took a while, so we didn't have a long time to swim but the girls enjoyed the water any how.

After about 20 minutes of swimming it was time to get dinner. Rich really wanted Cafe Bravo for dinner. Yeah diet,I remember. He is so psuedo supportive at times! He says he is supportive, he encourages me to go to the gym yet he can't stand not eating out. He has to have his mexican food. The man thrives on it.... probably a reason we are both overweight.

After dinner, I mowed the back yard. I had Mariyn pick up the junk of the lawn: toys, stuff the dog chewed, rocks, etc. Then I mowed. It was getting dark but she still wanted to swim. She is part fish I tell you! Luckily, Rich replaced the bulb in the pool this week. It hadn't worked since we bought the house.

Oh and tomorrow is our 1 year house anniversary! We've officially been homeowners for a year! Woo Woo... I've heard people say your first year of homeownership is the most financially stressful. Hope this is true for us too. The first year wasn't too bad. A lot of the same stuff most families are dealing with right now but we've made our mortgage on time each month and really that's all that matters. Our house is still a fixer but over time, it will be beautiful again. We actually pay a little bit extra each month.... only 348 (or less) payments to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment