Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Good Weigh in

Groggy, I got out of bed this morning and made my way to the bathroom. I had to go pee so bad, I was virtually sleep walking. Rich was getting ready for work and I was trying to make my way back to bed. He put his arm around me and said, you feel skinnier today. It was then I knew I was going to have a good weigh in day. It was then, that I realized all my gym clothes were still in the washing machine and I wasn't going to make it to body pump in time.

I put the clothes in the dryer and was able to make it to cycle barely in time. We had a new RPM track and the music was pumpin. After cycle, I weighed in. I took of my shoes, stepped on the trainer scale, 195! 3lbs loss last week! That's the biggest I've had in a while. 63lbs gone F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!! Wooo Hooo... Wooo Hooo...

After weigh in, I ran a mile on the tready. I was able to move up the speed today too. I've been gradually trying to increase my time and speed running. I want to get to 6.0 on the treadmill. Today, I got up to 5.5 running no problem. I've heard running gets easier once you've hit that 10 minute mile mark. I don't know about that but I want to be faster and I need to get used to the transition from cycle to running if I am going to be prepared for the triathlon in Sept. I know September sounds so far away but it will be here sooner than I expect and I want to be prepared to do my best.

It's been warm lately so I'll probably take the girls swimming this afternoon. Hopefully get some laps in the pool. A little backwards kind of training but hey whatever works, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment