Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Gluttony

I had a busy weekend, full of family, friends and cake. Saturday one of my friend's were celebrating their daughter's 2nd birthday. We started off in the morning shopping getting birthday gifts and we didn't eat lunch. My friend served fruit and nachos at the party. I was just going to eat fruit but the kids didn't finish their nachos and so I ended up eating the rest of theirs, I was hungry. I figured it was just a little bit and I knew I was going to want the cake. But I love nachos and hadn't had them in a long time.

After the party, my mom called. My great aunt is in the hospital and a lot of our family was gathering at one of my cousins houses. My mom said I should go and considering my cousin only lives about a mile a way I knew she was right. My girls and I arrived late but there was food galore! Tamales, ribs, a ton of dips. Cake, Cupcakes and more cake! WOW! So much food. I feed my girls, but was very careful about what I ate. A little bit later, my Aunt Vicki got there she lives about 2 hours away and I just love her and her family so very much. She brought some of my cousins with her. It was Savannah's birthday so after she visited everyone she asked if she could come over and do cake and ice cream more privately with Savannah. Of course, I obliged and devoured another piece of cake! I'm a sucker for cake I tell you. Really though, I have a major sweet tooth. I'm a sucker for anything sweet. Cake is a major weakness for me. But that's just part of who I am...I've gotten a bit better. Portion control really isn't that hard for my anymore. Before, I would always get a HUGE piece of cake, corner lots of frosting. We were celebrating, right? LOL Sunday, my aunt had me serve her a tiny piece of cake. I got a normal size not my normally HUGE one She finished hers and wanted more. I ended up telling her to take some of mine (about 1/3). Before, I would have never passed up cake let alone share a piece. Plus, I asked that they take the leftovers home with them. I didn't want to devour the rest after they left because I was lonely. Rich was working late. Good, right? Progress, Yes! While I still have food issues, I am much more aware of them and can deal with them so much better than before.

Well, most of the time. Sunday was father's day. I made Rich a pancake breakfast. I made myself hungry girl pancakes (lower cal) and morningstar sausage. He requested cafe bravo for dinner, so I ended up splurging there. Plus, I'm sure I had at least 1 skinny cow ice cream. The weather is warmer and I've been loving the ice cream lately. Don't know, but it's been a lot harder to not give into cravings lately and my sweet tooth has been very active!

Yesterday, the girls and I hung out at home. We decided to ride our bikes to the gym. I got them all out trailer on and everything. We got about half way to the gym and I hear this click click sound. So I get off my bike and look. I ran over something with the trailer! Ughh.. Not thinking, I pulled it out of the tire. Of course, I hear this quick "pshhhh" sound and all the air escaping. I had to turn around, I had a flat! No fun. By the time I made it home, I was going to be way late to my class. Plus we already had a busy evening planned. So I had to miss the gym entirely.

Rich and I are bike shopping for him. I've been watching craigslist. I want to get him a bike similar to mine. I know it's a high quality bike and will suit his needs and last. It will be fun to do family bike rides together when we can. He seemed pretty excited about it too. Last night I thought I found the perfect bike for him. We negotiated a reasonable price and drove all the way to Stockton to get it. Turns out, it was too small. Rich got hungry and wanted to grab some food while we were out. Even though, I had dinner waiting in the crock pot at home. We ended up eating at In and Out. It's a rarity for me to even agree on eating fast food but he was so let down (and angry) because we drove so far to get the bike and it didn't work out. We made the trip worth it to him and stopped by bass pro shop. He was immediately in a better mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment