Thursday, June 3, 2010

First Swim

Some thing funny has been going on with me lately - I keep getting light headed, or faint feeling while I'm working out. It's happened a number of times in the last week or two. I haven't changed up my routine really. I don't feel as if I'm pushing myself any harder. I'm not really sure what's going on. I wonder if it could be allergy related? There are a lot of pollens in the air right now. Or is it diet related and perhaps I'm not eating enough of the right things? Or something else?

After about 45 minutes of weights at the gym, I started to feel it again. Bad so I went to the locker room and relaxed for a few minutes until the feeling went away. Then I came back and finished up my weights. I ended up doing about an hours worth of weight training. I didn't do any cardio at the gym.

The girls wanted to swim today and our pool is finally ready. We had to drain it and it's been refilling over the last couple of days. Mariyn has been so ready to swim so I figured I'd get my cardio in that way. Plus my next 5K is coming up on Sunday; I don't want to run too much before then. I let the girls play in the pool while I swam laps. At first I decided I would swim 10 laps. I've never been much of a swimmer. Don't get me wrong, I love the water but I've never been properly trained on technique. After I completed the first 10 laps, I decided on 10 more. Then 10 more. I'm not sure how long I spent swimming laps as I was constantly interrupted by the kids. You know them swimming in my path or saying watch me do this and well, just general parental supervision. ;-)

I ended up doing 10 laps free style, 10 laps back stroke, and 10 laps free style. My pool is 40feet. So I swam that distance 30 times. 40 x 30 = 120 feet. 120 feet = 365.76 meters. Which is pretty close to a 1/4 a mile and pretty darn close to the 400 meters I will need to swim for the triathlon in September! Not bad for my first time but there is plenty of room for improvement! I need to get a swim cap, goggles and ear plugs they would be helpful in my training.

After that, I swam with the girls and enjoyed the sunshine.

You are what you eat:
Breakfast: Protein and banana
Lunch: Chicken Salsa Salad
Dinner: Chinese Food - Mongolian Beef w/ Rice.
Snacks: Strawberries, Kiwi, Cherries, 1 spoon of peanut butter & 1 bite of ice cream.


2 comments:

  1. ha ha I am NOT pregnant! No chance on that one ;-) and at this time, I am not willing to get on that train. :-)

    ReplyDelete