Monday, April 5, 2010

Cadbury Confessions

Cadbury Carmel Eggs, a major temptation for me. I have to say, I really love the regular Cadbury eggs as well. I can't even tell you how many I ate this week. While purchasing the kids' goodies, I spotted the 12 pack of mini cadbury eggs. Of course, I had to get both the caramel and traditional. My thought process at the time was one wouldn't hurt and I could give Richard and the girls the rest. Well, sadly, I couldn't just stop at one. I did share with Rich but the girls didn't get ANY! I probably ate at least a dozen of the mini's. Then I just craved MORE! I didn't buy much candy for the girl's baskets. They each got a chocolate bunny and a few peeps. I didn't want to be too tempted by their goodies. Instead their baskets were filled with stuff to garden (flowers, pots, seeds), swimsuit, and ear rings. I went to the store last night to return a movie and decided I was going to buy another Cadbury egg. I ended up being 4 :X They were only 25 cents each. I ate 2 on the way home -- back to my old hoarding habits - so Richard wouldn't know. Then I shared one with him and ate the other. Yeah... bad I know.

Every Easter we go to the park and BBQ with our extended families. Aunts, uncles and cousins come from all over. It's sort of a family reunion and always nice to see everyone. Everyone brings delicious foods and we all share. This year, though, it was rainy and it changed our traditional plans. I had an impromptu gathering at my house - and the food came. Soda, Potato Chips, Pie... all very, very tempting. I made healthy dishes, salsa and broccoli salad. Rich wanted bean dip - so he went to the store for beans and sour cream and brought back a variety of chips. I probably had more than my fair share of bean dip and chips. To make matters worse, we have the left overs. I did send the pie home with my sister.

Mariyn is on Spring Break, I want to be on Spring Break too from my diet and exercise routine. I won't take the week off though. It's the last week before my contest ends. I was determined to get back on track with my diet today. I'm really not expecting a loss from last week after how horribly I ate this weekend. I'm so close to meeting my goal weight for the contest and I really WANT to win it. I have to stay or I should say get motivated again! I did cardio kickboxing tonight at the gym - it was packed!

3 comments:

  1. Im shocked to say, I didn't even buy Cadbury Eggs this year. I like the Caramel ones. But, when I saw they had jacked the prices up so dramatically, I declined. They are normally like 1.88 for a pack of 4, and I grab a couple packs. This year they were 2.75 for a 4 pack. Are they INSANE? By the time I got enough for everyone's basket in my house, I could of bought something much better then a cadbury egg. I was so mad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it bad that I find this blog very refreshing? Not that I am glad you ate Cadbury Eggs... but that you too are tempted by the deliciousness of the creamy chocolate and soft filling!! I love those dang these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri - that is OUTRAGEOUS! I bought mine cheap well, at least the last 4. I can't remember exactly what I paid for the mini dozen(s) but it didn't seem that expensive but to be honest it wouldn't have mattered I really WANTED those eggs! LOL

    Adrienne - We all have weaknesses ;) I know I stay strong and rarely cheat. Lately it's been a lot harder. Chocolate is a major weakness for me.

    ReplyDelete