Monday, April 19, 2010

Purpose

I've been crazy busy lately. I'm still keeping up with my routine, softball plus life. You know the warmer months seem to be busier. I've gotten the opportunity to apply for two jobs recently. I'm a little torn but I think it might be time to go back to work. I'm still looking and wondering about my purpose. I feel very complete in life but I still feel like there is something I'm missing. Purpose. I'm not sure what my purpose is right now, besides being a mother and wife but I know it's out there. I know God has a purpose for me.

I was very quickly reminded of this on Friday. I was coming back into town Friday afternoon and was already running late. I had one of my friends pick up Mariyn from school. Amelia was with me. We were stopped at a signal light when a Semi rear ended me. I drive a small Acura. My car jolted forward and I heard a loud crashing noise. I got out of my car, afraid to look at the damage. I mean, I was rear ended by a semi. Amelia and I are fine. Amazingly, my car has only minor damage. I was a tad sore, stiff but I'm feeling better every day. I know there must have been an Angel watching over us. Praise God! I have purpose - my time is not up yet.

We had a very active weekend. Saturday Mariyn had softball. We played two really good games. They don't keep score but I'd say we won. After the game, I came home with a splitting headache and took a nap. Saturday night, we went to a friends and unexpectedly stayed really late. Sunday, we went to Yosemite. It was amazing as always. In addition to the beautiful waterfalls and amazing granite rocks, we seen a ton of wild life, deer, coyote, squirrels and two (possibly three) bears. We did a lot of walking / hiking with the kids. I craved chocolate so bad. I ended up getting a few candy bars to share with the family. One was a huckleberry chocolate - SO good - a 10! YUM!!

Today, I spent the day running errands getting estimates on my car. I made it back to the gym tonight for cardio kickboxing. I felt fine all day but cardio kickboxing was a little more difficult than usual. I felt a lot of pressure on my spine especially towards the end of class. Tomorrow, I'm going to try to squeeze in a yoga class. Hopefully that will resolve any issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment