Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I can do all things...

God is so awesome. He created a perfect body for me curvy and beautiful. Then I took it and let it go. I've ravished my perfect body. I've been glutenous. I've been lazy and not exercised. I've used every excuse in the book: it's too hard, I don't feel like it, and ignored the problem. This perfect body helped me grow two beautiful and perfect children all while I continued to neglect and abuse it. I turned my beautiful perfect body into a mess. I ignored my body's needs to the point where I thought it could never be the same or even remotely as healthy as it once was.

Yet, God is so gracious. So forgiving. Even the most ravished bodies can be healed and re sculpted. It's amazing that the human body has the ability to gain and lose weight like it does. I think it's just another way God shows his forgiveness and his love for us. While I know my body won't be the same, but really what Christian is the same after their trials and tribulations. I know that God gives me the strength to overcome my weight and to become stronger physically and in faith. I've always been a really strong willed and dedicated person but being over weight has made me week. It was something that I struggled with. I don't know how many times, I've looked in the mirror and thought nothing's changing. Is it really worth it? With that said, I know these are my times of weakness. I am claiming these verses to help me along the way:

(Philippians 4:13) 13 I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

II Corinthians 12:9-10) 9 He has said to me, "“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”" Most gladly therefore I will rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest on me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in weaknesses, in injuries, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then am I strong.

I got up and made it to cycling this morning. It's my first time doing the Weds class and boy was it a challenge! Also my eating is back on track today. No more excuses. It's funny to say it but I can really feel a difference in my body because I've been eating poorly the last few days. I just feel so heavy and sluggish while working out. It took so much more energy to cycle today then normal. I was talking to 2 of the regular girls after cycle. One of them said that I have slimmed down so much and how good I look from behind. She said my back and the back of my arms are very trim and muscular. She said like I was never overweight at all. What a great compliment! Of course, I can't see my back side so it's really nice to hear that it is shaping up well too. My stomach, well, it's still a work in progress. After cycle, I did 100 crunches on the ab weight machine, 100 oblique crunches on each side and 50 leg lift crunches. My abs were on fire when I was done and a change in my routine felt good!

No comments:

Post a Comment