Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cake

Love you like a fat kid loves cake. I've always smiled when I've heard that lyric. Let me tell you, I've been giving the cake a lot of love! Friday was Amelia's 3rd birthday, so of course, we had cake that night and Thursday I couldn't resist a cookie monster cup cake I seen when I was placing my order, and Sunday we had a huge party with you guessed it more cake. Oh and what is my biggest guilty pleasure food - you've guessed it - CAKE! You can probably guess it, I went overboard and ate too much cake. It was so delicious though. I really need to get back on track, to be completely honest since the last weigh in for the competition my eating habits have gotten ugly. I want to stay motivated but am finding it difficult. I'm feeling very burnt out with everything. Until today, I hadn't been at the gym since Thursday. So I missed my regular Friday and Monday routines.

Physically, I'm not feeling as strong as I was. My wrist has been hurting for a bout a month now. Originally, I thought I just slept on it wrong but it hasn't gone away. I keep pushing forward or attempting to. I'm starting to think about taking some time off from weight training and just focusing on cardio. I'm not sure if it will give my body some needed rest or if I will lose momentum and progress.

Today, I did body pump and cycle. Man it was killer. I really had to push myself to go and even to get all the way through both classes. I had a really good conversation with Ticka. I learned that she used to be a therapist and now she is the group fitness coordinator. I wondered what prompted her decision to change careers. My future is something I am still trying to figure out - how can I help provide for my family and still have family time. Do I put my degrees to use? Is counseling my calling? What is God's plan for me?

On the way home from the gym, I picked up the registration forms for my next 5K. Trying to make sure I stay motivated.

Oh and I weighed in today. I gained 2 lbs... not beating myself up over it.

1 comment:

  1. Only two pounds? Good for you! I would have gained like 5 at least. I probably did while in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete