Monday, April 12, 2010

Challenge Complete

90 days ago, I started the Gold's Gym know your own strength challenge. I almost backed out because you had to take a before and after photo in a two piece. My body hasn't seen a two piece since 2002, the summer before I had children and I can't say that I really ever want to wear one again. In the last 90 days, I've made numerous changes: eaten a lot healthier and I've exercised hard. As you all know my goal is to lose 100lbs. I'm about half way there. This contest has helped me stay focused when I didn't want to continue. Let's face it, I'm competitive and I went into this contest to win. I want to have the biggest body transformation at my gym and I've put in the work. I think I will be ok if someone else wins because I know I did my best BUT I want to win.

Our local gym only had about 10-15 contestants. Most of them women and only 1 man that I know of. It really wasn't organized that well and until yesterday I didn't even know when my final weigh in was going to be. I only found out because I kept on hounding them. I'm sure there will be contestants who slip through the cracks. I'm glad I participated - my results are great BUT they are only part of my total body transformation that started in October and will continue long after this contest ends. I've been feeling a bit of burn out lately and I'm really glad I am done with the competition. As soon as I finished weighing in I went to Moss Rose Bakery and had the most delicious pastry to celebrate. Don't worry, I will be back on the wagon again because I am totally motivated and am going to continue focusing more on my fitness goals. Here is a copy of my before and after measurements.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing the competition and for being half way to your goal!!! I hope you win, but if not you really have won by making it as far as you have. I am really proud of you! Keep up the GREAT work! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam! The challenge was tough and I think I have a really good chance of winning. I talked to one of the trainers tonight. She was very impressed by the amount of weight I lost and said that she knew some of the other contestants and while they are in the challenge they didn't take it that seriously. I have at least a week before I'll know for sure but I think my chances are high. Plus, I'm just really proud of myself and all of my accomplishments. Plus, I am truly enjoying an active life with my family. It's great!

    ReplyDelete